Chapter Four: Realizations

"I can't believe we're so late this time!" Hermione yelled as she and Y/N ran through the halls to get to class.

Y/N and Hermione had tried to make sure they ended up where they left with the Time-Turner every chance they could (though not always achieving it) but this time they were very late, about 5 minutes late. It wasn't their fault the Time-Turner could only go in intervals of 60 minutes but they could have turned the time earlier.

Y/N clicked his tongue, taking a quick sprint to grab Hermione's hand.

"Come on, I know a shortcut." Y/N said, leading her through the hallways.

It wasn't a surprise Y/N knew the short cuts of Hogwarts. He was in Slytherin and his friends were in Gryffindor, leading him to have a lot of time for himself to explore and to avoid other students that tried to get on his good side.

Y/N pulled Hermione behind him as they cut through corners and odd passages when he felt Hermione stumble behind.

"You alright, Granger?" Y/N instantly stopped to turn around to face her.

He looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed. His hand never left her soft and warm ones as they panted in the halls. Hermione was bent down slightly, panting hard, unable to speak.

"Hermione?" Y/N spoke up once more, using his free hand to tuck her hair behind her ear.

His hand found itself onto her cheek, forcing her to look at him. It was obvious that the multiple classes were taking a toll on her.

"I'm okay." She said, standing upright.

"Clearly not." Y/N scoffed, letting go of her cheek.

"I'm fine, Y/N." She insisted, dragging him forwards.

"Hermi-" Y/N was quickly cut off by Hermione.

"I'm fine!" Hermione snapped, turning to face Y/N once more.

Y/N was taken aback by her sudden yelling but he understood. Along with classes, the two also had the homework from all the classes. Hermione must be beyond tired. Y/N was tired too but it seemed to take more of a toll on Hermione.

Y/N walked up to her, placing both his hands on her cheeks, forcing her chocolate eyes to look back into his ocean ones. Y/N leaned in closer much to Hermione's confusion. She closed her eyes, afraid of what may happen next.

"You've got bags under your eyes." Y/N said after the long silence causing Hermione to open her eyes, both of their faces pink from embarrassment.

Though Y/N wouldn't admit it, he wondered what would happen if he had leaned in closer, allowing their lips to touch.

Y/N had gotten bolder with touching Hermione and she had gotten more used to him, raising the suspicions of all the students around them but they always denied any accusations, announcing that they were strictly friends.

"I'm okay, Y/N." Hermione spoke softly, taking Y/N's hands into hers.

"Really."

Y/N went silent, his gaze falling to her shoes as she reassured him. His heart beat faster the tighter she held his hands, confirming Harry's question to him a few days back.

"Let's go to class." Y/N spoke up, letting go of one of her hands and leading her through the halls once more.

The two of them finally reached the classroom, opening the door quietly for no one to notice. Y/N let go of her hand as they both sat separately. Hermione took a seat next to Harry whilst Y/N took a seat next to Draco, being the only empty seats near their friends.