Chapter Eight: The Black Lake

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts." Dumbledore explained to the loud crowds of students, eager to watch the next task.

"You better not drown, Y/N." Draco warned his brother.

His tone was serious yet Y/N could feel the warmth from his brother's love.

"I'm too handsome to drown." Y/N smirked, giving him a quick hug.

"These five treasures, one for each champion... now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake." Dumbledore said, using a spell on his throat to amplify his voice.

Y/N dug around his hoodie, searching for a certain item that he thought Dumbledore might've taken as his treasure. He sighed in relief upon pulling out a small polaroid picture. Y/N couldn't help but smile at the memory of when the photo was taken. Hermione used to blush so easily around him, now she'd hug him, hit him and push him without much of a reaction.

"Do you see Hermione or Ron around yet, Y/N?" Harry asked, looking around.

Y/N quickly pocketed the photo. He always kept it with him, no matter what. It was sort of a good luck charm.

"No, you think they got in trouble?" Y/N questioned, also looking through the crowds of students.

"In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface." Dumbledore continued.

"Simple enough, except for this: They will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them."

"You got this, Y/N." Blaise pat him on the back.

"Make Slytherin proud." Draco smiled, taking Y/N's sunglasses off and putting it on himself.

"Hey, those are mine." Y/N whined, pouting at his slightly older brother.

"Make it back alive and I'll give it back." Draco grinned before patting Y/N on the back.

Y/N was quickly pushed to the front, near the other champions. He took off his hoodie, letting Draco hold it for him revealing his green tank top that complimented his muscles. He took a deep breath before stuffing the Gillyweed into his mouth.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Y/N groaned after forcing himself to swallow the foul tasting, slimy plant.

"You may begin at the sound of the cannon." Dumbledore announced.

Y/N began choking, feeling sharp pains all around his body upon swallowing the Gillyweed. Before Y/N could react, the cannon went off, startling him into falling into the water. He squirmed under the water, groaned at the pain until suddenly, it was gone. Y/N studied his own body after realizing he could breathe under water the same way he could breathe in oxygen. He had grown gills, webbed feet and hands along with oddly shaped ears.

He looked around him to see Harry staring back at him. Harry had also taken the same form as him. They both shot thumbs ups at each other before swimming off together. They swam down through the rocks, going down to the deepest parts of the lake along with some fish. 

Y/N and Harry stopped when they reached a large clump of seaweed-like plants. They hesitated before nodding towards each other and swimming in. They weaved through the large plants, hearing a strange singing that resembled the riddle from the golden eggs. Y/N noticed Fleur swimming past them with a bubble around her mouth when something swam past him. Startled, he looked around only to see nothing there but when he had looked in front of him once more, Harry was gone.

Y/N spotted the mermaid once more, swimming off in front of him. Without hesitation, Y/N followed after it, swimming as fast as he could. He was lead to a clearing with broken down pillars that were overgrown. There were more a dozen mermaids around, hiding behind the broken down pillars. Y/N looked ahead once more to see Ron, Hermione, a Durmstrang student he recognized to be Viktor's friend, Cho and a little girl, unconscious and floating.