Chapter Ten: Studying

Y/N, Hermione and Ron were sat on the floor, watching as Harry opened a small vial with a pop before chugging down all of the potion. Y/N and Hermione watched with great curiosity, both very curious about the potion as they had never seen it in action before.

Harry's worried look quickly switched into a small smile, staring into the wall behind the other three.

"Well, how do you feel?" Hermione asked the boy with a raised eyebrow.

"Excellent." Harry grinned at Hermione.

"Really excellent!"

"You sure that's liquid luck and not some random spiked drink?" Y/N questioned with a light chuckle as Harry giggled to himself, getting up off the couch he sat on previously.

Hermione lightly hit Y/N on the shoulder before turning her attention back to Harry with furrowed eyebrows.

"Remember... Slughorn usually eats early... takes a walk, and then returns to his office." Hermione reminded Harry of  Slughorn's schedule.

"Right." Harry breathed out.

"I'm going down to Hagrid's!"

"What?!" Y/N and Hermione spat out in sync.

The two of them were often annoyed together.

"No, Harry, you've got to go and speak to Slughorn!" Hermione exclaimed, chasing after Harry who quickly put his jacket on, making his way to the doors.

Harry turned around, looking at the annoyed looking Y/N and Hermione and the questioning look of Ron.

"We have a plan."

"I know... but-" Harry struggled with his words, careful not to annoy the bushy haired girl further. 

Y/N raised an eyebrow at him and crossed his arms.

"I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?"

"No." The other three all responded in sync, all sharing concerned looks towards Harry.

"Well... trust me, I know what I'm doing." Harry sighed yet kept the bubbly smile on his face.

"Or... Felix does."

Harry quickly turned to leave before the other three could protest against it and greeted other Gryffindor students very happily on his way out.

"Yeah, no. He's definitely on something." Y/N chuckled, uncrossing his arms and taking Hermione's hand into his.

"What's the plan now?"

As if on cue, Lavender walked into the room, making his way straight towards the trio.

"I think Ron's got a plan of his own already." Hermione giggled, leaning her head onto Y/N's shoulder.

Ron looked at Lavender, forcing a smile with a gulp.

"There's my Won-Won!" Lavender exclaimed, engulfing Ron in a big hug.

Y/N and Hermione both tried to hold in their laughs when they saw Ron shooting a pleading expression at the two.

Y/N looked at Hermione, silently asking for her opinion of the situation. As if telepathically communicating, Hermione pulled Y/N by the hand and out of the door, leaving Ron to deal with it himself.

As soon as they were left alone, walking through the halls hand in hand, Hermione's expression changed from a teasing one to a conflicted one. Both of them shared the same opinion of Ron's relationship with Lavender. It would be funny to see Ron suffer but at the same time, they both felt horrible for Lavender.