Chapter Three: Eternal Glory

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it?" Ron said as he stared into the blue flames of the goblet.

Y/N and Harry stood on either side of him at the crowded hall, watching as students placed their names into the goblet.

"Yeah, rather you than me." Harry chuckled.

"I agree with Harry, eternal glory is not something I'd risk my life for." Y/N yawned, rolling his sleeves up.

"Yes!" The Weasley twins came running into the Great Hall holding vials in the air.

Everyone started cheering as soon as they were seen while Y/N made his way over to Hermione, taking a seat next to her as she read her book. The Weasley twins began high fiving everyone and giving them handshakes, making Hermione curious enough to look away from her book.

"Well, lads, we've done it." Fred Weasley said, showing off the vials.

"Cooked it up just this morning." George added.

"It's not going to work." Hermione sang out with a sarcastic grin.

"Oh, yeah? And why is that, Granger?" They asked her, leaning down to face her.

"You see this?" She pointed towards a circle around the goblet.

"This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred questioned, not really understanding.

Hermione scoffed before aggressively folding her thick book into her lap. 

"So." She scoffed once more.

"A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion.

Y/N smiled. Even when sarcastic she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever laid his eyes on.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant." George Weasley grinned.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted." Fred giggled before standing up once more.

Y/N's eyes darted towards a few giggling girls that stared his way. They squealed upon exchanging glances with him prompting him to send them a wink, making them giggle even more.

"Enjoying the popularity, Mr. Prince?" Hermione scoffed at him.

Y/N's gaze fell back onto Hermione who stared at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I never thought that you'd get jealous over me, Granger." Y/N flashed his signature charming smile.

"I'm not jealous." Hermione puffed out her cheeks as she turned back to watch Fred and George.

"If you say so." Y/N said in a sing-song tone before following her gaze.

"You're the only one I'd ever love anyways." Y/N muttered under his breath.

"Yes!" Fred and George exclaimed upon jumping into the circle.

The students all cheered for them as they danced around near the goblet. They looked to each other before throwing small pieces of parchment with their names written on it into the blue flames. 

"Yes!" They cheered again when the goblet seemed to accept their names.

Suddenly, the flames burst, sending the twins flying across the room making everyone burst into laughter. Their hair began turning pure white as they grew a mustache and a beard. They then began fighting on the floor with the crowds chanting. Y/N's attention was locked onto Hermione, however, watching her as she began to read her book once more.

The room went quiet when the Durmstrang headmaster along with Krum and another student walked in. He had the most serious look on his face as he strode towards the goblet. He smirked at Hermione as he placed his name into it. Y/N watched as Hermione smirk back lightly.