Chapter 1

Natalia's POV

3 years later

"-Natalia Brielle Gheata, will you marry me?" I stand in front of the candlelit dinner table along with several other candles lighting up around the gazebo.

It's absolutely the most romantic place to be proposed to, I let out a sound of disbelief and eagerly nod my head. I keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid if I say anything I might just somehow ruin this beautiful moment.

"Let me hear you say it, my love" That Russian accent of his would make me do anything.

"Yes, of course, I would marry you Phoenix! It's about damn time too" I begin to tear up, but I refuse to let more tears fall. That would ruin my make-up.

I run into Phoenix's open arms and kiss him fiercely. My fingers glid through his soft hair as he slips his tongue into my mouth. I feel like I'm falling in love with him all over again. He pulls me out of my train of thought when his large hands grasp onto my small waist sliding down to grab my ass cheek, causing me to let out a moan.

I quickly pull away before this situation gets out of hand because I know Phoenix has no shame in making love to me publicly.

Phoenix tries to capture my lips again but I turn away "You know this will get carried away. Let's go home first" I laugh at his impatience.

"Maybe I'm okay with being carried away, love. I just want to love my gorgeous fiance" I sigh at that word. Fiance.

"Besides it's hard to resist you when you're wearing a dress that shows off everything that is mine." I roll my eyes as I smooth out my black silk dress.

"You need to learn how to not roll your eyes at a me, love, we've been together for three years and you still haven't learned to control that habit of yours," his deep voice brushes my ear and I tremble. I never tremble but somehow when I'm with him I always do.

"You should just get used to it now because it's not going to change Nix," I comment back. Before he can say a snarky remark I move on to another topic "We should really try some desert though!"

Phoenix gives me a blank expression "Who gives a fuck about the desert, come on let's head home" He tries to grab my hand again but I look at him straight in the eyes
"I give a fuck" I tell him.

Phoenix takes a deep breath "My love there are gifts at home for you, I know you rather want that than desert at the moment" He is so right. Always showering me with gifts. I love him.

"You know the way to my heart," I say all lovey-dovey. Phoenix smiles and brings his hand to the small of my back guiding me to our car.

As we are about to reach the car something dawns on me "Baby..." Phoenix hums when I look up at him.

He opens the car door for me and as I get inside taking in the comfy seat I tell him "Were having my last name" as simple as that. No problems should be caused.

Phoenix's throat bobs "Ha...No"

"Like you had a choice, baby." I give him a tight smile and shut my own door before we can say anything.

As Phoenix makes it around to the other side of the car and places himself in the driver's seat we stare at each other deeply. There is no way I am going down with this one.