Chapter 21

Natalia's POV

My eyes slowly open and I forget where I am for a moment, but then I remember everything from last night and glance at the couch.

If I wasn't awake before I am now, because I notice that Phoenix isn't lying on the couch. I take a moment to think and as I do I hear the shower running, I don't take any chances so I creep up the stairs quietly.

As soon as I enter the master bedroom I hear the water shut off.

A few seconds later the bathroom door opens, I go into attack mode and push my arm against the person's chest making them slam against the bathroom wall.

"I feel like this should be the other way around, love" I roll my eyes and move away from Phoenix, it's a bad move because I realize that the only thing that covers him, is a towel.

"Come on, who else would be in the house?" He questions me.

Everything about him has me under a spell, but I'm going to fight it as much as I can.

Phoenix's hands slide up the silky night dress and his thumbs start moving in circular motions.

Fight it as much as you can my ass.

My moment of distraction causes Pheonix to take control and switch our positions. I'm now against the wall and Pheonix brings his head down to my neck.

My breathing becomes heavy "You know I hate you, Phoenix." I sound unconvincing and Phoenix seems to know my words are full of shit because he softly chuckles against me.

"No you don't, my love" I slide out of his hands and move away from him.

"You are absolutely unbelievable, just take your shit and leave already." I mentally pat myself on the back when I realize how convincing I sound, even to myself.

"What?" Honestly, he is a full-on distraction with barely anything on.

I walk out of the room and leave Pheonix, hopefully, then he will be dressed.

I start making my black coffee and look out o the kitchen window. I can't even get a moment to myself before I see Phoenix quickly throwing a shirt over his head as he hurries down the stairs.

I guess his bruises are better.

"Do you want to repeat to me what you just said a moment ago?"

"I'm pretty sure you heard me, pack your shit and leave my house, Phoenix." I look directly at him, making sure to get my point across.

"Alright, if that's what you want" I hear him say.

I turn around to reach for my mug, but I am pulled up in the air and thrown over his shoulder.

"Phoenix! What are you doing?!" I yell while slamming my fist onto his hardback.

"I'm taking my shit and leaving" He easily answers.

"What? Put me down!" I try to wiggle out of his arms but his hand lands a loud smack on my ass, causing me to pause for a second.