Chapter 9

Natalia's POV

We walk into the posh building after Frankie told us about Mari's location we immediately got started, apparently, she attends this meet-up weekly.

The downside for us though is this club has a list.

Luckily this club is so stupid that they have a back entrance for the kitchen help. Just a little disguise and we easily slipped through. So much for those bodyguards up front.

I quickly pick up a glass of champagne tray and hand it to Phoenix. The spilling of the drink scenario hasn't failed us yet, so that's the plan.

Phoenix walks over to their table and of course one of the ladies holds up her hand, it seems like she asked who the drinks are from because Phoenix turns around and points to the crowd of men at one table.

Some of the women flush and accept the drink without question. Phoenix continues to pass around the drinks and he finally hands Mari hers but before the glass is in her grasp the drink slips out of Phoenix's large hands.

It splashes all over her white pants and I notice Phoenix trying to help her, but she quickly stands up from her chair and moves away from him.

Some of the other women snicker while the others grab napkins from the table to clean up the mess.

Mari's heels click against the marble tile as she rushes in the direction of the women's bathroom. That's my queue.

I head into the bathroom before she can see me. I usher out the other women powdering their noses. Letting them know that there is mandatory clean-up that needs to happen right now. Some of them complain but they quickly leave.

I run the sink and act like I'm washing my hands. Before a kill.

"Dammit, that boy! Absolutely ruined my pants! Urgh," Mari barges right in paying me no attention as she tries to wash away the stain.

I head over to the paper towels and pretend to dry my hands when actually I am locking the bathroom door. This is why should always go with another gal to the bathroom.

"Mari Lockwood," I say cheerfully. She turns her face to me and quickly gives me a disgusted look.

"Do I even know you?" Okay, bitch. Attitude will definitely get you dead. She continues to clean her hands from the sticky champagne.

"No, but-" I jump forward and cover her mouth with the paper towel I had. I hold her in a chokehold as she struggles to get out of my arms.

"I'm just going to give you a quick little nap, you'll be up before you know it." I quickly knock her out and pull out my phone.

"Got her, make sure the lobby is clear," I tell Phoenix through the phone. He quickly agrees and lets me know that it's empty.

"Her group left after hearing my excuse of Mari leaving because of the mess on her clothes," Phoenix explains to me. Good, something less to worry about.

"Dragging her out now." I throw her arm over my shoulder and drag her to the kitchen basement.

I open up the locked room and pull Mari in with me. I leave her on the ground and when she finally wakes up I get all the information that she had.

1 hour later

"While we wait for Phoenix, we should definitely play a game. Staring contest. GO." Mari didn't object and simply played along.

My eyes are getting watery. "I'm not letting you win" I smile as we continue our game.

After ten more seconds, I started blinking quickly "Alright, you won." I hate accepting defeat.

I then stand back up and proceed to drag her lifeless body closer to the door so Phoenix and I can get out of this place as quickly as possible.

Phoenix comes through the door and gives me a displeasing look. "Staring contest again? That game is getting old for you, the dead ones always win" He laughs.

I roll my eyes "How's your shoulder, do you think you can carry her?" I ask him.

"I got it" He rolls his shoulder back a few times and picks up Mari's body.

Luckily we don't get another freak-out from Frankie. We told her that she can chill out at the house since she had already given us Mari's location.

I pull the car to the back of the building and Phoenix quickly lays her body in the trunk and shuts it.

The plan is to sneak her into her home and then make it look like a suicide. Easy enough.

We lay her in the tub and Phoenix and I make the area look believable.

I grab one of the guns we haven't used and place it in her hands. When I killed her, I purposely put the bullet at her temple.

People will hear about this soon, especially about a death of a millionaire.

Phoenix and I let out a loud sigh when we enter the door of our house. I set my gun on the living room table and take plop on the couch.

Phoenix is about to do the same until his phone rings. "Hey, did you leave the house?" Phoenix pulls his gun out of his pants and places it next to mine.

"Oh, alright then. No, I won't miss you, Franks. Bye." I laugh but am also curious about what Frankie told Phoenix.

Phoenix pulls the phone away from his ear "Frankie, said she'll miss you" I smile brightly.

"Why would she miss me? Where is she?" I finally ask my questions.

"Yes, Alia will miss you too, bye...I, Frankie I'm not buying any more snacks, you already spent $300 of mine, for your own revenge." With that, Pheonix slides his phone back into his pocket and finally sits next to me.

"Frankie had to go back to Vermont, Johnathan needed her on another mission, but she said it would be quick, so she'll be back in a few days." My eyes widen at what Phoenix told me.

This stay in California might be harder now. It's possible for me and Phoenix to finish up here in California, but having Frankie was our eyes and ears. We have to tread very carefully now.

"Well, the information I gathered from Mari was helpful, she gave me the address of his rented home here. Apparently they were closer than business partners, she said that every time he came to California he would go to see her. She said that Scar Night never gave his name to her though." I lay on Phoenix's chest, but when he turns to look at me he gives me a curious look.

"Wait, so how is she even moaning his name?" He begins to intamite what Mari would sound like, and it makes me let out a loud laugh.

I lightly slap his chest "Stop...she's possibly saying the 'Scar' only" I laugh as I try to explain my thoughts to Phoenix.

"Let's worry about this conversation tomorrow, we just killed a millionaire. Let's go shower because if you haven't noticed your clothes are splattered in her blood." I glance down at my shirt and notice red specks. It could be messier.

"Come with me then." I stand up from the couch and grab his tattooed hand. He refuses to wear the wrap around his injured shoulder, he claims that it makes him itch.

"That was the whole reason why I said 'let's go shower and stop staring at my shoulder I'm fine I carried a dead body today and my arm didn't fall off, so I'm okay." I shake my head and walk to the bathroom while Phoenix follows me from behind.

vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote vote