Chapter 18

Natalia's POV

I slide off my heels, completely ignoring his comment about me kissing him. Phoenix shows up randomly every now and then and rather than me getting pissed off every time, I just ignore his stupid ass.

He's never going to kill me anyway, he would have done so already. He keeps playing with his food and that's all I'm going to be. I know that I not going to be chomped on, so really I believe I have nothing to worry about.

I head up to the guest bedroom, yes, I'm still uncomfortable about the other room. I hear his steps behind me and I don't give Phoenix the time of day.

I take off my outfit, leaving myself in my undergarments. "You know the reason why I keep coming back? I'm waiting for you to confess." Oh, this asshole.

"And what the fuck is that going to fix. I'm not confessing because I have nothing to confess about!" Phoenix keeps his on me as I start taking off my makeup.

"What can I believe everything points to you! I only loved you and it's unbelievable to think that you would say anything like that, but the proof, it's right there. How can I not hear it?" I already fought enough about this. I already told Frankie I don't care for that recording anymore.

I don't care if she solves it, because at the end of the day. Pheonix never trusted me. "I need to sleep," I say to him.

"Everything was going right until you had to show up again!" I yell.

"What, with the guy outside? You know something is going to happen to him if he doesn't watch his back." I fucking turn around in disbelief at what I hear.

"Yeah, well luckily he knows how to watch his own back then and Frankie wouldn't like to hear what I think you're trying to say." I see his mind trying to connect the dots, to who the guy could be.

I turn away from Phoenix one last time, hoping that this is the last time that I will see him. "Go" is one word that leaves my mouth.

It seems to be the word that makes him leave but I hear a small bang on my dresser before he is out o the room.

A knife.

The knife's sharp end is sticking into the wood of my dresser. I walk up to it and realize that it's my knife. The one he gave, but instead the end of the blade is engraved with 'your mine'

What the fuck is this guy on.

~~~~~

I walk into the agency and the first thing I hear is Frankie's voice. "Seriously, Zachary. I said no funny business. I know Natalia and she still loves Phoenix. EVEN, if she doesn't want to admit it."

I decided to pop my head into her office and act like I didn't hear anything. "Oh, hey Zach. Frankie, do we have a mission tonight?"

"I'll go ask Johnathan, but you've been overworking yourself you know?"

"Killing is my life, Frankie and don't worry I'll go ask Johnathan."

I head over to Johnathan's office and I notice him talking to Kat and Leon. They took over my mission on Scar Night, I lean against the door frame and try to listen in on the conversation. "Natalia, I know you're there, and good luck to you guys tonight." As Leon and Kat leave, Kat gives me a sympathetic smile.

"How are you holding up?" Is the first thing Johnathan asks me, he's been a lot softer towards me these past months.

"I'm fine, I promise. Is there anything for me tonight?" He shuffles through a pile of papers while shaking his head no.

Well... "How's the mission on Scar Night?" I ask hoping that he will give me information.

"Natalia. Everything is fine, it's no longer your mission to worry about."

"I know that, I still think you're making a wrong move by taking me off," I argue.

"Kat and Leon are perfectly capable and I don't like when someone tells me I'm wrong Natalia, you of all people should know that. My decision is always thought out, and it's even more thought out when you are involved." Absolutely protective and caring of me, but dammit I want my mission back.

I'm tired of sitting around and doing these side missions.

"I know" I sigh and walk out of the room, but killing is all I know how to do. I'm going to whatever mission Kat and Leon are doing tonight and no one is going to stop me.

~~~~~

Phoenix's POV

"Shipment is coming in tonight, Scar Night needs everyone there. He's paranoid as fuck and thinks that someone will attack." I hear chuckles and small laughter.

"Got it, Ivanov" I turn around and look at Rina, she constantly tries to get under my skin, but she never will. No one ever will, I am only taking my revenge, and then I'm out of this place.

"Don't fucking pull one of your hero acts again. If someone dies..." she leaves me filling in her sentence.

"Leave them to die. It's their own fault for not watching." I say robotically. Rina huffs out a laugh and pats my shoulder "That's right."

"We are gathering on the east side, make sure you're all in position. I'm sure no one wants to lose a head tonight, but I will gladly do that if anything goes wrong." She gives the room a deathly smile and walks out.

"Have you fucked her yet?"

"No. She's always has something in her ass though."

"Yeah, and you're not one of them." I hear a group of guys laugh.

The guys here are disgusting, the quicker I can get out of here the better.

"Ivanov." One of the girls that follow Scar Night calls me and lets me know that Scar Night needs me to speak to him.

Walking into his office is death. Literally. There is always a body dead on the ground, couch, or table. Today we have one on the door. That's new.

"Come in." I glance at the body and get a better look at him. Stabbed in the knee, twice. Strangled, and shot in the forehead.

"Don't pay attention to him, Ivanov. I assume Rina has given you the rundown about tonight." I give him a firm nod. I continue to ignore the body, I have seen enough and got used to it by now.

"You're my best shooter and best everything really, I need you in the back. There is word that your old friends have heard about the whereabouts of tonight and we could have an attack on our hands, you know what you need to do." Is all he tells me.

"Who are they?" I ask, hoping that I don't end up like the guy on the door.

"Doesn't matter, you already told me that your fiance isn't part of this mission anymore, so really you have nothing to worry about. I expect zero hesitation tonight, Ivanov. I am putting trust in you, don't lose it, or else." He glances behind me.

Without having to turn around I already know that he is staring at the dead man hanging on the door.

I walk out silently and now start preparing myself for tonight and I start hoping that my old team won't show up.

It's about to go down...

VOTE VOTE vote vote vote VOTE VOTE vote vote vote