Chapter 24

Natalia's POV

The medical team comes in to take Scar Night, Kat follows them, leaving Johnathan and me in the room alone.

"What were you thinking?" He asks me harshly.

"John-"

"No, you listen to me. How stupid could you be, I knew you weren't ready to come back, you are too emotional still. You knew the answers he held and you thought to kill him before we could get them, you were being selfish. Rather than thinking about everyone else your only solution was to kill him and now who knows if he will be able to talk or even wake up!"

I don't need to hear any of this right now. I'm still shaken up after discovering my parents died from Scar Night's hands. I get that I took it too far, but Johnathan should be the one that understands my pain the most, and right now he doesn't

"You knew he killed them." I make the realization.

When he doesn't respond I continue "Why did you keep that from me? All this time!"

"Yes, I knew. If I told you, you would've done exactly what you just did right now and in the end, there would be no justice for the agency."

"Oh shut up, Johnathan, all you care about is the agency, how about how I feel, how about Phoenix's parents for goodness sake! How about yourself!" I glance at his leg.

"I am broken and you can't even take one second to see that! I just found out about the truth of my life and you can't seem to care for me, all you care about is your damn job! You might've saved me from him, but you caring about me will always be second to this agency" With that, I move around him and walk out the door.

~~~~~

I head to my car, ready to get as far from the agency as possible.

Before I pull the door open, someone's voice catches my attention.

"Natalia..." I froze, knowing I would burst into tears if I turned around and saw him again.

"Natalia, my love, look at me...Please." I couldn't, I don't know what is stopping me now, but Pheonix had never seen me so angry and upset before, until that moment.

I let out a gasp when I feel his warm fingers slide against my cheek, making me turn around. Phoenix brushes away my tear-stained cheeks.

Suddenly I'm brought against his chest...into his warmth, into my place of comfort. "I'm so sorry, Natalia. Scar Night will pay for what he did, more than the damage you already gave to him, I swear it on my life."

All I did was soak up his shirt with my hot tears. I wrap my hands around the front of his shirt tightly, trying to make this moment last as long as it can.

"We should get going before Johnathan or anyone else catches us. I don't think they would be too happy with me still being here after I was supposed to be gone already, love." I reluctantly pull away from his embrace and look up at him.

Phoenix looks back down at me and I notice his eyes wander to my lips. He leans down, but I make my move to the car before his lips connect with mine...I still need time to think. About everything.

I let Phoenix drive the car, he insisted and I had no energy to fight back.

He even told me that I needed to get rest after everything, and I had no complaint about that, I just didn't think he would be staying in the house and taking care of me. Once again I was too tired to put up a fight.

Entering the house started to become a blur and I only remember drinking warm tea and then hitting my soft bed...with warm arms around my waist with small whispers of 'I love yous' in my ear before I drift off.

~~~~~

I feel something heavy draped over my stomach and gosh my bed has never felt so comfy before, maybe a bit hard, but I gladly snuggle back into...Fuck.

My eyes shoot open when I realize Phoenix's arm is trapping me against his body and I can feel his hard-on. I try to wiggle my way out of his grasp as slowly as I can without waking him.

He lets out a deep groan. That should not have sounded as sexy as it should have. Stop it.

I continue to wiggle away until I feel his hand that was wrapped over me grab onto the side of my hip making me stop my attempt of escaping.

"My love, you trying to wiggle away from me making my morning wood harder than it already is." I gulp at the sound of his raspy voice. I haven't heard that in a while.

"Besides what's the rush of you getting out of bed?" His arm pulls me back against his body.

"Phoenix, let me go." He has the nerve to close his eyes and snore, acting like he's asleep.

That's it. I bring my mouth to the arm that holds me down and gives Nix a harsh bite. He opens his eyes and lets out a hiss.

Before I can tell what is happening his hand is wrapped around my neck, holding me in place yet again.

"That wasn't very nice my love." I roll my eyes at him.

"I could fucking care less. Now get off me." His hand loosens, I'm about to hop out the bed and get far away from Phoenix, but his hand wraps around my wrist pulling me back and making my body land on top of his.

"Natalia..." There is that sincere look in his eyes and I know he is being serious more than ever.

"Please my love, I'm sorry for the pain I put you through." I close my eyes when I feel his lips drag against my neck, making my breathing go uneven.

"You don't have to forgive me, yet, but please give me another chance to prove myself." I gulp at what he asks of me.

"Pheonix...I-" I'm completely breathless.

"Just once..."

Just once. "Okay." I just hope I don't regret this, I don't think my heart can take the heartbreak happening twice, from the same guy.

Can my spring semester be over already? I'm so ready for the summer. Like now.