Chapter 15

Natalia's POV

"Who's he?" Phoenix asks. I look at his chest because if I were to look into his eyes I would break.

"One of my lovers" I smirk. We continue to sway to the music and play in our act.

His jaw tightens "You think you're so funny" I sure do because his hold on me begins to tighten.

I don't bother to give him the true answer about the guy I danced with. Better to leave him in wonder.

"So you found me?" He questions.

"Wasn't that hard. Now, Let. Me. Go"

"Can't do that." I quickly slide my hand under my dress and grab my knife.

My thoughts are getting all foggy by being so close to him. It's been a while. No, Natalia.

I use our closeness to my advantage. I slide the knife up his torso and I finally have the courage to look up at him.

"Scared?" I ask him.

"No, just really turned on though." He's teasing me. His icy eyes are anything but playful.

I try to push away from his body but his arms stay around my waist "Doesn't this feel great? To be doing something that we made ours? Did you miss it? I don't, after all, it all was a lie." He knows what's he doing and his calling the thing we loved the most as a couple breaks my heart.

"Whenever we would dance, did you even like it, or was that an act?" Stop it. Stop it Pheonix.

I shake my head furiously. I didn't even notice the grip on my knife had loosened until he took it away from my own hands and brings it into his.

"You think you got over me by taking the ring off..." That's right, I'm glad he actually took notice of the ring being off my finger. I smile internally.

"But you carrying this knife says otherwise" He finishes his sentence and my face drops, it was completely on instinct to always carry that knife with me. The one he gave me.

Why am I staying silent? Why am I letting him think this? It's not your fault that he is dumb in the brain to believe someone else.

"Natalia, Scar Night is on the move. I see a similar tattoo that I believe is his. He's heading toward the side exit!"

"You got nothing to say?" I'm brought back by hearing Phoenix's voice.

"Natalia! Get a move on! Remember What Johnathan said you have to put your emotions aside and focus on the mission."

I don't listen to Frankie for a moment "Of course, it wasn't an act and when Frankie breaks down the voice recorder and shows you the truth, I will already be gone once you realize." I stand my ground, I'm not going to let him see me break.

I elbow him right into his stomach and he lurches forward, allowing his hold on me to loosen.

I quickly walk away and try to catch up to Scar Night, hoping I'm not too late to grab him.

Pheonix's POV

Just watching her walk away in that black dress does something to me. She knows what she was doing by wearing that.

Her being so close to me made me notice stitches on her arm it's faint by the makeup she covered them with, but I see them. It was never my intention to hurt her, but Scar Night had different plans for me.