Chapter 13

Natalia's POV

"This place is a wreck. We need a plan of action. Frankie?"

"Already on it. I'll let you know when I got something."

After waking up this morning everyone has been telling me to take a break, but as soon as I rolled out of the bed I was more motivated than ever to hunt down Phoenix.

I mean my arm hurt like hell, but they got it out just fine. Just can't bust the stitches.

"Have we got the full voice recording that Pheonix sent us? Did you unmask the voice?"

"Natalia? You need to sit down for a moment, I know that this is a shock to you more than it is to us."

"Kat. I was in that bed for more than twelve hours. This place is wrecked and above all, we were attacked, but someone we thought we could trust. Once I fucking find Phoenix I won't hesitate to shoot him this time, directly in his cold stupid heart and maybe his brain from believing the enemy over me." I let out a loud sigh and look at Kat.

"You're saying you saw him during the attack and you were going to kill him. Are you sure it was him?" Kat asks me in surprise.

"Yes" Now that I've accepted and said it out loud. I'm surprised myself.

"Okay. Well, Isaiah and I are more than ready to help you throw a couple of punches in, just needed you to say it." She tells me.

My smile grows, and I'm glad I can have people to depend on still.

~~~~~

I shut our... my door to my house. It's been a while since I've been back at the house, but it doesn't hold the comfort as it did before.

Still, it holds big windows in the dining area and a clean open kitchen connecting with the dark blues of the living room. The house decor was simple since we were constantly on a mission and we didn't think it was reasonable to waste money on decor, but still, it did hold the comfort and love, but now it's just a house.

Johnathan is better now and he and the team told me to stay with any of them for the time being, but I'm an assassin, I am more capable to take care of myself, besides I don't need to put my team in danger, I know Phoenix is coming for me.

And I'm going to be ready.

I walk up the stairs and head to the bedroom. I turn on the lights and stop.

Our bedroom...

I walk over to the bed lifting up the pillow I sleep on, I pull out the gun and tuck it into my pants.

I also pull out Phoenix's gun under his pillow. I'm not going to risk anything.

Later I take a cold shower and put on my black underwear and bra set.

I can't bring myself to sleep in our bed, so I bring my belongings to the guest room.

Meaning my knives and mine and his gun.

I bring myself under the covers and put his gun in the bottom drawer of the nightstand. I place the gun directly under my pillow and rest my hand on top of it in case anything surprising happens tonight.

I shut off the lamp light and right before I close my eyes the first tear rolls from my eye and trails down my cheek.

The first time I'm actually reacting to this whole thing. Before I can re-think anything I'm already in deep sleep.

~~~~~

Before I leave the house and head to the agency I take a look at the house and let out aDefinitelyefenitly need to change up the interior

"Frankie?" I call for her name right when the doors open for me allowing me to walk inside.

"Yep, yep, yep. I got something, hurry, hurry. There is a lot I need to tell ya." I follow her to her desk and before she gives me any more information she reaches in her sour patch kids candy tosses and tosses a couple into her mouth.

"Okay, so the attack kinda ruined my computer's memory so it is going to take a while for me to crack the voice of that voice recorder that Pheonix sent us." Another blue sugary treat goes into her mouth.

"But don't worry I have good news. I did track down Phoenix, but only for a moment, I guess he figured someone was tracking him and switched to a new phone again. I tracked down some of his recent text messages and it shows that he is attending the annual Billindorf gala tonight."

"There is information being taken and I believe that Scar Night will also make an appearance."

I don't get to say anything before Johnathan walks into the room "Natalia your priority is to grab Scar Night, do not let your emotions get in the way of completing this mission."

I give Johnathan a bored look "I know my priority Johnathan, but don't think you can tell me to push away how I feel."

I turn back and give my attention to Frankie "Thanks Franks, tell me about the time later, I'm sure I can get something to wear for tonight's event." With that, I take my leave and go down to the shooting room.

I can't even catch a moment of silence before someone knocks on the wall. "Hey, do you need me to attend with you tonight? I hear about the main points of tonight's event. Don't break your stitches either!" Kat leans against the wall and I put on my glasses getting ready to shoot the dummy in front of me.

"No, Kat I need to do this myself, I am more than capable." I raise my gun and set aim for the dummy's forehead.

"Oh, guys I didn't know you were going to be down here. We can get the whole team."

I bring my gun down to my side when I hear Isahia's suggestion. "Don't." I came down here in hopes of being alone and letting off some steam.

I don't want a little gathering. "Ah come on." Isaiah pushes me.

I respond by shooting the dummy a few times. "Alright, alright point taken." He takes slow steps back and hides behind Kat.

"Save yourself while you can, Kat." Isaiah then bolts for the stairs and leaves me and Kat only.

I roll my eyes and aim for the dummies heart. Stupid Phoenix!

"Natalia, seriously take a break. I can't imagine what your going through, but you're not going to be thinking straight tonight."

"Stop, I haven't failed a mission and I'm not going to start now. If you don't mind I will be leaving since I can't even get a moment for myself." I shoot at the dummies heart five more times causing a tear in the area.

I put the gun back onto safety and slam it back down on the desk along with my glasses.

I am going to redecorate my damn house.

"Natalia!" I ignore Kat's protest and head up the stairs.

I need more painkillers, I'm not going to have my arm hold me back from tonight's mission.

VOTE gorgeous people.

I'm ready for thanksgiving break