Chapter 22

Natalia's POV

I swipe to answer the call and I immediately hear Kat's voice. "Nat, well?" I hear Phoenix groan as he leans up to watch me take the call with Kat. 

For a moment I am unsure what to say and Phoenix looks at me, curious about what I am going to do. 

I already made decisions that I am going to regret so mind as well go through with it. "He's gone, I told him that he needs to leave the next morning." 

I hear Kat sigh through the phone "I'm sorry he wasn't the guy you thought he was, but this is now your chance to be with other guys, instead of that jerkface." 

I internally smile when I see Phoenix's knuckles turn white while giving the phone a death stare.

"Maybe, Kat," I say simply and possibly also to aggravate Phoenix. 

"Well I have a surprise for you, I bet everything about this is hard and I want to be there for you so, it should be delivered to your doorstep right now." At that moment the doorbell rings, I pull that nightgown out of Phoenix's hands and throw it over myself before I answer the door. 

"Oh! Well ya. I'm heading over to the door now"  That is freakishly odd how the delivery was timed correctly. 

"Natalia, hang on-" Phoenix says. 

I open the door and hang up when I see Kat standing right in front of my doorway. 

Her eyebrows are raised as she looks me up and down. She then looks past my shoulder and notices Phoenix sitting on the couch shirtless. 

"Messy hair, flushed cheeks, I mean your nightgown isn't even pulled all the way down, Natalia." I look down and pull the dress to its actual length. 

"Natalia, he is supposed to be gone. What are you doing?" I ask myself the same question Kat and I don't even know. 

"You know I'm still here?" Phoenix says from behind me. 

"You do not exist to me" Is all Kat says and turns her attention back to me. 

I sigh and I bring myself outside with Kat so we can talk alone. "I don't know, Kat. I can't leave him to die and he just told me he found out about everything." 

"I can't tell you who to love, but as a friend, I really hope no more heartache comes to you, I'll keep the secret, but if Johnathan gets curious, I can't do anything." I just throw my arms over Kat, this is all I could ask for.

Even though I might be making the stupidest decision, someone will be there for me. "Okay, Okay, no more hugging, please." I let out a small laugh and pull away from Kat. 

"I think it's also important to say that we have Scar Night hostage. He's majorly weak and no help at the moment, but once he's up, we need you there." 

I am in complete shock at what I hear, but I nod my head. I thought I killed him for sure, but I know Johnathan needs info from him, so I guess it's a good thing they caught him. 

"I swear I'll work this shit out and I'll be back" Kat lets out a sigh and I head back into the house. 

I walk back into the house and I shut my eyes wondering what the hell I'm going to do next.