Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Game

As they have said, tatlo nga ang Hiñago na nasa court. Kitang kita ko ang mga jersey nilang pare-parehas ng apelyido pero iba iba ang numero.

"Nakakalito talaga..." Lau's eyes slitted as she leaned in more the railings to take a closer look on the players. "Si Antonio yang naka-jersy number 10 hindi ba?"

"That's Rheese, Lau..." Tarrie corrected.

Hindi ko rin maklaro masyado dahil halos pare-parehas ng tangkad ng mga Hiñago. Although nakikita ko kaagad si Deo dahil siya yung medyo light ang pagkakakayumanggi, dahil siguro sa matagal niyang pagtira sa England kaya ganyan ang kulay niya.

"They are wearing their own number based on their chronological births. Anton is wearing number 8 because he is the 8th Hiñago. Deo is the ninth Hiñago to be born shortly a few months after Anton. Sumunod naman si Rheese, although we don't really know which one was born first because Uncle Dionisio never revealed it. Pinag-aawayan yan lagi ng kambal. In the end, they decided it through rock paper, and scissors. And Rheese won jersey number 10."

The players were in their positions and the referee in front was ready to throw the ball in the air with a whistle in his mouth.

"Anong university ng ulit tong kalaban nila?" tanong ni Lau.

"MU," sagot ni Satari.

The coach whistled, and the creaking noise of the players' shoes echoed inside the whole court. The opposite side of the court are filled with yellow colors. The MU cheerleading crowd cheered when a player from their team got the ball. The boy with jersey number 05 ran and dribbled the ball. Rheese and Jiro tried to block him but then the guy passed it to a teammate 03

The 03 guy ran for the basket while Deo guarded him, at nang napasa na ulit sa kanya ang bola ay napigilan iyon ni Deo na makapuntos.

Deo passed the ball to Anton and then he ran for the three-point line. When Anton passed the ball to him again he shot it from the three-point lane. Three-zero agad yung score.

"Goods!" Lau reacted. A fan of sports. She even whistled and clapped cooly. "Ayusin niyo, Antonio!"

"NMSU got the first score!" umalulong ang boses ng commentator sa speakers.

"Sino yung unang nakakuha sa bola?" tanong ni Claire.

"Hindi mo ba nakita yung jersey?" balik ni Satari. "Number 5. Norales. MVP yan last year."

"Oh...I remember him," Claire now turned to me. "I remember him last year, he approached you and asked for your number."

"Talaga?" kunot-noong tanong ko. "Nakalimutan ko."

Napailing na lang si Claire sa lintanya ko. "Tapos noong hindi mo binigay, yung number ko naman ang hiningi niya. Scumbag." Inirapan ako ni Claire at nilingon niya si Lau, "Tama ako no?"

"Oo, pero baka hindi naalala ni Nowie dahil malaki ang pinagbago ni Norales," sabi ni Lau. "Pero nako wag yan, masama ang kutob ko diyan."

I looked at the guy on the court. I noticed that he's now becoming more familiar. He suddenly looked at me, his face softened, and gave a smile and wave. I looked at my friends and noticed na ako lang nakakita noon. Lumingon din ako sa likurang bleachers. Pero wala naman babae roon at puro lalaki rin. Alangan namang... I looked at him again and awkwardly pointed to myself asking if it was me he was waving at.

He nodded and waved more. Kumaway na lang rin ako pabalik out of courtesy

"Taray ah?" ngisi ni Lau. "May nabighani na naman sa ating binibini."