Chapter 46

Chapter 46

sisters 

Reading my sister's name on the documents. I marched back to the elevator and with shaking hands, I pressed the button for the top floor.

There could be a glitch or something. A mistake or an error when it was typed. I want to sink that in my mind but for some reason, my system couldn't accept it as that. It feels more than that.

With a heaving chest, I almost pushed the door. But nervousness halted me. I gripped hard on the metal as all the courage to ask my sister escaped me. Nanginginig ang kamay ko.

"Miss Noella, is there something wrong?" boses ni Becca sa desk niya. Katabi niya si Vicky na nanlalaki rin ang matang nakatingin sa akin.

My breathing hitched as I gasped for air. I shifted my body to her direction and shook my head. Itinukod ko ang kamay sa lamesa nila at humugot ng malalim na hininga. If this is an error I should ask them first.

"You look pale, Miss," ani Vicky. "Do you want water?"

Akma na sana siyang tatayo para kumuha ng tubig pero umiling ako at iwinasiwas ang kamay para pigilan siya. I forced a nervous smile and handed the documents.

"May mali po ba sa papeles?" Becca asked.

I nodded reluctantly. "I... I think there is."

Nanlaki ang mata ni Becca at mabilis na nilipat ang mga pahina sa folder. "Vick, pa check nga kung meron-"

"The President's name is...uh...odd," I pointed out.

Vicky looked over her shoulder and scanned the document through and through. "Mukhang okay naman. The president's name and surname is hyphenated and complete... Her position is on point... The margins are right..."

"Why is her surname like that?" I asked. "Bakit naka hypen? B-Bakit may Hiñago?"

"Kasi imporanteng papeles ito, Miss." Vicky smiled. "Don't you know? Miss Natalia only uses her full name on very important papers where her signature is needed. Especially on the dealing papers with the HG Group."

"Can I see the other ones?" I asked.

Naguguluhan man ay tumango sila. Kinuha sa estante ang mga nagdaang papeles. From a month ago... six months ago... a year ago...

I ransacked all the papers and they all show the same thing. Same surname, same print and the same answer... How did this happen? Did she get married? When? Kanino? Sino?

I slipped the document in my hand and nodded tiredly. Pretending I knew it already. Pretending that I finally understand. "S-Sorry... I just uh. I-I was just confused hindi kasi katulad n-noong nasa lamesa niya na n-nakaengraved."

"Ah..." Becca reacted like a lightbulb just switched on. "Dati po kasi sinabihan niya kami na wag basta-bastang gamitin ang buong pangalan niya kung saan-saan lalo na sa mga tv-shows at interviews. Even sa tarps and tv commercials ng CGA Cosmetics at MPIRE Corp. She never allowed her full name to be known by the masses."

Mahina akong tumango at kinuha ulit ang dukumento na kailangan kong ihatid. I'm her sister... I'm not one of the masses. Bakit hindi ko alam?

I don't have the courage right now to push and open that door. I want to wait until my nervousness subsides. Because honestly, I am scared of what will be her answer. She's probably hiding it from me.

"I guess..." I gulped and forced a smile like everything is well. "I'll get going."

I took one last glance at my sister's door before walking away, I was even spacing out as I rode the car to the HG Building. Hindi ko alam kung itinatago ba sa akin ni Ate... Pero bakit hindi niya sinabi? Ako lang ba ang hindi pa nakakaalam?