Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Kahit anong gawin ko, Deo doesn't want to support the idea of me distancing myself or cutting my ties with him. I tried to present all terms. All possible consequences of this, but he just shrugged it off talagang walang pake.

Isang linggo na ang nakalipas simula noong last day ng foundation day. Now it's the first Wednesday of October.

"No one should know," I said over the phone. Maaga na siyang tumatawag sa akin, pagkatapos daw ng devotional nila.

"No one," he agreed.

Maybe this way we can prevent any misfortunes from happening if we keep it to ourselves.

"Not even your cousins or brothers should know," I added.

"Not even your friends should know," sabi niya rin. Kahit pa na seryoso ang usapan ay ramdam ko ang pag-ngiti niya sa kabilang linya.

"You should never go out alone, without a companion or a guard," sabi ko.

"Baby, is that your rule number one?" he chuckled. "I'll get a paper and jot it down."

"Be serious and listen to me," hindi ko maiwasang mapa-irap sa kanya kahit hindi niya nakikita. "Don't drive when you're sleepy or drunk."

"Baby, I don't drink alcohol," sagot niya.

I kinda expected that answer because, I've never seen nor heard any of Satari's cousin being drunk or berserk because of alcohol. Balita ko ay nagagalit ang Don, maging si Frian at Satari ay nagagalit rin kapag may umiinom at naninigarilyo.

"I know," I sighed. "Don't get entangled with any fights. May it be outside or inside the family."

"Okay. Ano pa?"

"Eat healthy foods, sleep early, exercise and visit the doctor for regular check-ups," I added. "Don't sit in the shotgun or front seat inside the car, sit on the backseat, with seatbelt on. Always." I looked up to the ceiling to think of other reminders. "Always bring an extra shirt with you and a bottle of water. In case you become sweaty, change into a new shirt immediately. Don't wait until you are pale for you to drink water. Also, bring your own lunch, send me a picture of it always. Let me check if it's healthy."

"Hmmn. 'kay," he hummed his yes sensually. I heard the scratching of pen on paper on the other line. "Any other rules?"

"Mag-ingat ka palagi."

That was all I could think of. The entire summary of what I've said. I'm at ease when he's safe.

"May game kami sa Sabado it's against La Salle," he informed me. "Will you still be the one who will hand out water and towel to us?"

"Gusto mo?" I asked.

"No," he said and chuckled. "I can't stand the players who look at you a lot. And I can't control my actions when you are near... Baka ma-anunsiyo ko pa."

I bit my lips and suppressed my smile.

"Señorita?"

"Hmmn?" I picked up my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth after I put some paste on it.

"We will get busy for the next following weeks and months. Uncle Mateo filed a certificate of candidacy for the position of Governor..." I am not shocked to know that.

Satari's father is an excellent leader when he served for that position. Noong nakaraang eleksiyon ay nakarining ako ng tsismis ng vote-buying ng kabilang kampo, kampo nina Governor Guerrero. That's why he lost last election.