Chapter 34

1 Samuel 16:23 And whenever the tormenting spirit from God troubles Saul, David would play the harp. Then Saul would feel better and the evil Spirit would go away.

Chapter 34

healing

I learned that Satari and Lau were fasting. Ganoon rin si Frian. They were resisting the urge to eat because they will minister later. It's their preparation. Nauna rin silang umalis dahil mayroon pa silang aasikasuhin sa worship center na pupuntahan namin sa Baroy mamaya.

It was past four in the afternoon when we all decided to leave the beach. The tides were getting high and it was not safe anymore to swim in it for the kids. Hindi naman nahirapan si Rahim na kumbinsihin si Vier na umahon na sa tubig dahil pinaahon na rin ang anak ni Kuya Razi. Parehas lang ata sila ng edad.

As for us, hindi naman ako umattend ng birthday party ni Deo. I was just here in the distance feeling the wind of the sea, the sands of the shore, relaxing on my own.

I figured out it will be awkward for some people if pupunta pa ako roon at makikikain. I mean, he is my ex. Why would I indulge myself there in the first place? I was not invited anyway... I just tagged along dahil bored ako sa bahay, gusto kong makita rin ang mga kaibigan ko. Plus it's a date for me. A break from my job.

And why would you invite your ex left you years ago to your birthday party? I know he's not that insane. Yung pag-aaya sa akin na kumain kanina, alam kong it was out of courtesy.

Or maybe his nature... Dahil natural naman iyon na mabait.

"Do you want to go home ahead of them? Di ba may pupuntahan pa sila?" Sergio asked me while were in the car he used. We were on the road to go to the worship center in Baroy.

Sinabihan ko ang kapatid ko na dito na lang ako sasabay. I kept on thinking about the scene earlier. Why did they go back on their tracks? I know, I saw them. I saw their backs while they were walking away. I don't care if they heard or saw us. What for?

Umiling ako. "We will go to the worship center with them. Although, we must keep our distance. Is that okay?"

"I'm just wearing shorts though." He chuckled and he pointed me. "And you are wearing a beach dress. Is that allowed there?"

"I brought a dress I can change into." I smiled.

He sighed and shrugged. "Fine then, I guess I have to shop before accompanying you there. Anong kulay ng damit mo?"

He has this habit of trying to match up our outfit's colors. Sometimes.

"Kaya tayo napagkakamalang mag-asawa." Sinamaan siya ng tingin.

Natawa siya. Halatang nagbibiro. "Ayaw mo ba? Your ex has a girlfriend already. You should try to keep up atleast," he said.

"You are allowing me to use you in order to show them that I have moved on?"

"It's up to you." He smirked.

"Sergio, I don't look pathetic. I can even look at them without feeling jealous. And I don't need to prove that I have moved on," I assured. "I don't care if they will look at me pathetically. Hindi naman ako nakakaramdam ng awa sa sarili ko."

Kumain na lang ako habang siya nagmamaneho. He brought food for me pala. Hindi niya ako sinabihan agad. Buti nalang rin at binilhan niya ako. I'm not gonna deny that I am hungry. Inaya naman akong kumain kanina sa birthday. It just that I don't have a thick face to do so. Or maybe my pride is also stopping me. I don't know.

We were in convoy on the travel. Rahim has my sister and nephew while the rest of the Hinagos are riding on the back of the hillux pick-up. Si Claire naman ay naka-motor at nakasunod rin sa kotse ni Rahim. Nakasunod kami sa sasakyan ni Deo. He was driving a black Montero Sport at si Denise lang ang sakay niya roon. Hindi ko alam kung sa kanya ba ang sasakyan.