Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I have no idea where Lau and Claire is, maging si Satari ay hindi ko rin mahagilap. I've been dialing their phones nonstop since earlier but none of my calls were answered.

"Wala pa rin ba?" tanong ni Rahim habang nagmamaneho papunta ung saan pwede naming silang mahanap na tatlo.

We were off to send invitation letters dahil sa susunod na linggo na ang kaarawan ni Rahim.

They are not missing, they are busy. They forgot to tell me probably. Or I forgot that they told me? I don't know which is which since I've been busy for the last few weeks. I studied, reviewed, went to Deo's game, and helped in organizing Rahim's party.

Sa wakas! Matapos ng mahigit sampung beses na dial ko ng telepono ni Satari ay sumagot rin siya.

"Hello, Nowie-!" I heard grunts and cries of pain on the other line, I heard Claire's voice in the background. Parang nagkakagulo. Series of thuds on what seems like a thick mattress. "Sorry, medyo maingay. The two are having a duel. Didn't we tell you before?"

From that sound in the background, I can finally say where they are. "Right. We'll be there."

I ended the call immediately and turned to my brother in a snap.

"Sa Yi Training Center tayo, Kuya."

Makalipas ang limang minuto ay nakarating na kami roon. At the parking lot of the establishment, I can see Lau's motorbike parked slanted at the corner. It confirmed my hunch that they are here. Of course! How can I forget that there is one thing in common between Lau and Claire? They both love to duel in Taekwondo, Muaythai, Arnis, and Judo. Of course, on a great day like this, they would really spend time on a duel other than in girly things like shopping.

Pagkarating ko sa loob ay halatang aliw na aliw si Satari sa panonood sa dalawa. Manonood lang si Satari palagi, dahil sa aming apat siya ang pinaka-iniingatan, hindi lang ng mga Hiñago pero naming ring tatlo. She has always been the baby of the group.

The two amazons were wearing their respective taekwondo uniform. Fighting each other on the top of the thick mattress. Filled with fire and energy to finish each other off. They didn't even notice that I was here with my brother. I bet hindi rin nila napapansin na napapatingin na ang ibang tao sa gawi nila.

Claire was the first one to see and she seemed to be shocked at the sight of us. Lau almost gave her a blow buti na lang at naka-ilag siya at sumeniyas ng timeout.

"Argh! That was almost close!" Lau screamed in annoyance.

"Kanina pa ako tumatawag, nandito lang pala kayong tatlo," hindi ko maiwasang mameywang.

Claire chuckled while catching her breathe. Lau chest is heaving too as if she's running out of air in her lungs. Nameywang si Lau at kalaunan ay napahiga sa mattress, habang si Claire naman ay pilit na tumayo. Mukhang ngayon lang nila naramdaman ang pagod.

"Nowie naman," ngiti ni Satari. "Parang hindi ka na nasanay."

"So what made you come, Nowie?" si Lau. "Bakit mo dala yang standee ni Rahim?" asar ni Lau kay Kuya.

Well. Nakahalukipkip lang kasi si Rahim at dugtong ang kilay katulad ng nakasanayan.

I sighed and pointed to my brother beside me. "His birthday is next week. Yacht Party." Kinuha ko sa paperbag ni Rahim ang envelope ng wax sealed na invitations.

Sumipol si Lau nang nakita iyon. Bumangon siya at ipinatong ang braso sa bahagyang nakatayo na tuhod. Angas..."What's with the formalities? We have free pass naman diba?"

I shrugged. "Abuela's orders."

I handed an invitation to them one by one.

Satari received two. A family invitation and her personal invitation card.