Chapter 7: Time for a break

Hayasaka pov.

What happened? Last thing I remember is school's hall and conversation with Akio, but now I'm in my bed. Was that a dream? I looked on the clock on my nightstand. It was late afternoon...

- Look who woke up! Are you better now?

Akio? How did he got here? I do not understand what happened...

- Yes.. What are you doing here? How did I got here?

- You passed out of exhaustion, so I took you here.

- But... Bodyguards... They let you in?

- Kaguya came with us.

Oh my god... If she will be mad becouse of things I have no impact for, I swear I'll go crazy!

- So she now know that you know about my job in here?

- Yes.

- Was she mad?

- No. I was mad. I told her that she can't treat you like this and she should be ashamed.

He screamed at her?! Just hope I won't have any problems becouse of it.

I asked in a trembling voice.

- And?

But his answear shocked me.

- And you have a week off!

- REALLY?!

- I can show my fangs too.

He laughed to himself then added:

- Shinomiya didn't realize how exhausting your workload is so when I showed her the situation she didn't even protest against giving you a vacation.

- So typical of her ... She doesn't even appreciate my effort.

Akio smiled slightly, and refuted my statement:

- So why did she ask me to pass it on to you?

He handed me a piece of paper that said, " Day-off calendar". Every second Sunday was crossed out in red.

- No kidding...

I couldn't believe it ... After so many years of working twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, I finally got fixed dates for the weekends!

- I told you that I cleared a few things.

- Why did you do that?

He sat on the side of the bed and said:

- Since when is it so strange that friends help each other?

- Thanks.

Saying that I poked him on the shoulder, and he replied:

- You're welcome. Anyway, do you have any plans for your vacation?

- I only found out about it five minutes ago, I haven't thought about it yet.

- If you'll be bored, I would appreciate your help with packing myself.

At first I didn't understand what he meant.

- Are you going somewhere?

- To my new apartment. My uncle is really not joking saying that on my birthday my right to live under his roof ends. In fact, I do not mind, I prefer to live in a small but my own apartment than in a big house with this old bastard.

- Is he really that terrible?

- He's even worse than terrible...

Oops, I think I hit a weak point ... Maybe a quick reaction might still help.

- Of course, I'll be happy to help you ... Anyway, where is Kaguya now?

-She is talking with someone in the hallway.

- With who?

-With some woman ... She said her name was Neo or something like that.

WHAT?! MY MOM IS HERE?!

- Mom?! What is she doing here?!

- Ooohh, so that's your mother! That makes sense!

In a split second, I jumped out of bed and ran into the corridor. Minoru got out of my way at the last moment. Kaguya has always found it strange that I demand my mother's attention so much, but she knows what it is like ... She also rarely sees her father so she should understand me. I don't know why she came here but I don't care, I finally see my mother again.