Chapter 8: Calm before the storm

Akio pov.

Hayasaka talked to her mother for almost two hours while Kaguya and I wondered what might have happened. From what Shinomiya says, her mother rarely finds time for Ai. When she finally came out to visit us, she looked very thoughtful, as if she suddenly realized that she had to make some important decision. Neo said goodbye and headed straight for the door, and Kaguya ran after her, probably to inquire about the details of the conversation. And without saying anything, she went to her room and I followed her ... She seemed very worried.

- Hey, what's wrong?

- You think what you once told me is true?

- What are you talking about?

- About that the life is a book, and I'm writing it.

- If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have said it...

She sighed heavily and said:

- So I've already made my decision. It's time for a change.

- You sound like a poet, but it bothers me ... Could you be a little clearer?

- No, not yet. But don't worry, everything will be alright.

- Hope you are right...

I thought about her words for the rest of the day. Hayasaka has always been mysterious, but now she has outdone herself ...

------------------THE NEXT DAY-----------------

Akio pov.

The next morning, from the early hour, Hayasaka and I put my things in boxes and took them out to my uncle's house. Although I did not have a lot of belongings, the work took us a long time. Ai still looked thoughtful, but that didn't prevent her from showing up before dawn. It seems to me that he is not very able to organize his free time.

- Where do I put this?

She asked while holding a cardboard box of clothes.

- Where the rest are, I will deal with them.

Soon after, the work was finished and we waited with four medium-sized boxes at the bus stop.

- Are you sure you can handle the rest on your own?

- Sure, the apartment is close, and it's just a few boxes. And so you did more than I asked for.

- If you say so ... But if you don't mind, I'll come with you anyway.

Riding the bus with so much luggage wasn't the easiest thing to do, but Ai's behavior caught my attention ...

- You look like you want to throw something out of yourself.

- Because I do. But I have to deal with this on my own. Trust me.

- I hope you're right.

She hasn't been like this for a long time ... I thought she had shed her mask at least in my company, but now old Hayasaka has returned.

- Have you heard about the school trip?

She asked changing the subject.

- Trip? To where?

- To Kyoto.

- Isn't that where the headquarters of the Shinomiya family is?

- Exactly. Are you planning to go?

- I don't think so. I have some errands to do when moving. What about you?

- I have to go. Where Kaguya is, there is also me.

I thought this trip would not matter much, so I didn't care to go. If I had known how many things would change then ... Even though I wasn't there, this is where our story had just begun.