Chapter 22: Zero hour

The plan was smart, but still really risky. Maki's brother was talking with Oko at the moment about marring her. Oko wasn't careful enough and allowed him to meet with her. So Mikado could deliver her message and details of Shiroganes plan.

Our heros also weren't lazing around. Miko, Ishigami and Miyuki stayed at council room for now. Hayasaka was the only one who could bypass Shinomiyas security system, so she was about to sneak into Kioto Residence. Chika were the one who helped her, despite Akio couldn't image her to be helpful. Talking about Akio, what about him? At first President suggested him to stay with them until there will be time to take action, but he wasn't a fan of that idea.  His girlfriend could be in danger so he couldn't just sit in place.

So where is he now?

---In His Favorite Dinner Place Again---

The restaurant was empty at this hour, but still opened. Only chief was cleaning dishes in kitchen.

-Akio- Ryota! Are you here?!

-Chief- Oh, hello my friend. What brings you here at such late hour?

-Akio- I need advice.

-Chief- I'm listening, hope i can help.

-Akio- Its about my girlfriend...

-Chief- Oh, about Hayasaka?

-Akio- Yes, you see... Wait! I never told you her that's her name!

-Chief- True, but I met her few days ago.

Akio was suprised. How's that possible that Ai were here, if she had to stay with President all the time? Unless they both were here...

-Chief- By the way I wanted to tell you something about that guy with weird eyes that was with her.

-Akio- N-no, its not like that! She's not cheating on me, its just...

-Chief- I know she's not. I can tell when someone is looking at other person with feeling. That's what i wanted to say. Don't worry, his just her friend.

-Akio- Thanks, but i know all of that.

-Chief- Huh... I thought that was your problem. Then what's the deal?

-Akio- She has to do something really risky to safe her best friend from... Something bad. Perhaps she is in danger by herself now.

-Chief- Does it have something with Shinomiya group falling apart?

-Akio- Are you reading my mind or what???

-Chief- Listen. Ai came here to talk with me. She knew that you are often coming to me and she suspected that you are telling me about your problems. She did the same. I know all about her past, working as valet as Shinomiya heads daughter and being used as spy.

-Akio- She never told anyone about that so easily...

-Chief- Maybe she is changing? Or taking example from you.

-Akio- Maybe... But I don't know what to do now. She is taking such a risk and im staying on side? Everyone told me that for now i shouldnt involve, but...

-Chief- You want her to be safe?

-Akio- Of course. And I can't stand the thought of her being in danger.

-Chief- Whats why you should stay here until your part starts.

-Akio- Im supposed to do nothing?!

-Chief- If you came with her your feelings could blind you, force to doing something against logic. If she is  doing something risky, she has a plan. If she has a plan, she have to stick to it. You being there, trying to protect her could hurt not just you but also, or even mainly her. Doing stuff without thinking often make things even worse.

Ryotas words filled boys mind. Through old cooks mouth the real wisdom has spoken.

-Akio- With heavy heart i have to admit you are right...

-Chief- You are scared, so let me give you something.

He walked to the kitchen and came back with small bottle.

-Akio- What is that?

-Chief- Its spiciest souce I ever had. Few drops and you will feel like your body is on fire.

-Akio- How some fire-spitting souce is going to help me now?

-Chief- If you will worry too much taste it. When having your mouth burning you wont be able to think about anything else.

He grabbed the bottle, still confused.

-Akio- That's some way of thinking...

-------------------Council Room------------------

Miyuki, Yu and Miko were eating noodles at the moment when they heard someone bashed the door.

-Miyuki- What was that?!

-Ishigami- Stay back guys.

Ishigami opened door fastly and heard someones scream when door hitted something.

-Miko- The hell!?

Iino rushed out and saw Akio lying on ground, knocked out by door.

-Miko- Oh my god, are you ok?!

-Akio- I... Guess...

They helped him to stand up.

-Miyuki- What just happened?

-Akio- I wanted to enter quickly and forgot that you locked the door.

-Miyuki- But where were you? We agreed to stay here!

-Akio- I needed advice, and got something more than that.

Akio entered the room. He took random noodle bowl.

-Akio- Whos bowl is that?

-Miko- Mine. Does it matter?

-Akio- Sorry, guess you had bad luck.

He poured some souce to it and handed it to Miko.

-Akio- Try it.

-Miko- What did you do to it?

-Akio- Come on, I want to check something.

Miko carefully tasted her noodles. Her face turned red for two reasons. One, it tasted diffrent before. Two, oh well...
She started screaming in agony and drank whole bottle of water. She fell on the floor.

-Miko- WHAT IS THAT!!!!!???? MY STOMACH IS ON FIRE!!!!

President and Ishigami tried to help her, but she continued to scream and kick the air.

-Ishigami- What have you done to her??!!

-Akio- I needed to check if its working.

He showed them the bottle.

-Akio- Just spiced things a little bit. Don't worry, you wont feel it im about five minutes.

-Miko- IM DYING!!!! TELL MY MOM I LOVE HEEEERRR!!!

-Miyuki- Even if, what you need it for?

-Akio- If its burning so much when eaten, then guess how bad would it be if you rubbed your eyes with it. Once we will arrive to Kioto I'll make sure that Oko will not disturb us saving Kaguya.