Chapter 2

Blackmail was in general a bad thing. But blackmail in this school...That was disastrous.

The whole school was filled with rich kids, children of conglomerates and diplomats, princes and princesses, and other children of influential or famous people. When there was blackmail with the rich, the consequences were usually much bigger.

Nevertheless, who could want to harm Nikita? Tai just couldn't understand it. He was kind, sweet, and friendly. He was an example of a well-liked popular guy with the girls and boys. Who would possibly want to blackmail him? And for what?

"What's the blackmail?" Tai asked.

Nikita was fretting. "I don't know if I should say that here, maybe we should go somewhere private.." He glanced at the girls.

"It's okay. You can trust us." Hada said."We'll help."

Tai squeezed his hand in support. "We can go somewhere private but even if you tell them, they will understand whatever it is."

"Are you sure?" He asked nervously. "It's because it's about.." He gave her a glance only Tai could understand.

"Oh!" Tai understood that look immediately. "Well, you can tell them. They're all trustworthy when it comes to that. I've had that talk with them already. And they're not the type to gossip."She glanced at Hada with a bit of regret. "Plus some need to know."

Nikita took a breath of relief. He knew he could trust Tai with his life. They have been childhood friends and Tai has proven herself to be a reliable friend over and over.

"My tablet went missing a few days ago." He cleared his throat and continued explaining. "I thought I had just lost it and then someone was going to report it to the administrative office. But then I got a note with the threat and I knew it. Someone got their hands on my tablet and the contents."

"Was it locked?" Tai asked.

"Yes, password and everything. But based on the contents, old pictures..Ah." He paused nervously.

"Oh just tell us..." Hada said anxiously.

"They found out that I'm gay." Nikita blurted out and the moment of relief was followed by lots of anxiety.

Hada had the most shocked face. "And I took that personally.."

"What?" He glanced nervously at her.

She gave him a sad smile. "Ignore me. I need a reality check. You're fine."

Nikita didn't feel like it was fine at all, now that he had put the problem in words. He turned towards Tai. "You know how important this is. No one from my roommates knows. Not even my parents at home. I can't.."

"Okay okay. Calm down." Tai stopped him before he went into a panic attack."We will figure this out."

"I'm scared everyone will find out. Not everyone is open-minded here. My roommates are more conservative and.."

"Wait just wait for a second." Tai tried to calm him down.

Diana got involved. "What's the payment like? The hush money? How much are they asking for? Can you afford it?".

"We won't pay up." Tai turned towards her firmly. "It never ends well."

"It doesn't matter, Tai. I can't afford it even if I want to."Nikita said. " My parents are strict with my allowance. You know that they believe in the power of budgeting so they give me a monthly allowance. Not that it hasn't helped but damn it. I'd have to ask my parents for more money and of course, they will see the amount and ask why I need it."