Chapter 12

This is probably one of my most amusing chapters 🙊❤

Aleksei stretched out on the sofa, hearing the blender in the kitchen. He had overslept as usual. Raising his body he saw Zakhar in the kitchen together with Nikita making their protein shakes after running.

"The fact that you guys do this every morning even after a party, is some crazy shit." He yawned. "Just go to the gym after school like the rest of us."

"I'm surprised you even hit the gym considering how lazy you are," Nikita answered him.

"It's cause you get up that early that you're cranky." Aleksei leaned his head over the headrest of the couch.

"The housekeeping is going to come tomorrow morning to do a deep clean," Zakhar said coldly. "Make sure to hide all forbidden things like alcohol, cigarettes, and condoms. Tell Lev that as well."

"Alright." Aleksei got up lazily and took the vaseline and used tissues off the ground next to the couch. He had quite the fun time last night thinking about his Tai. For the next time, he would see her, he would make sure she knows he is serious about her.

"Hey um, Nikita." Aleksei stopped mid-way before heading upstairs for a shower.

"Mm?" Nikita raised his head.

"Why don't you call Tai over today. I see you don't invite anyone here and you should feel more comfortable having someone over."

Zakhar didn't comment anything on that subtle attempt of manipulation.

"I can't," Nikita answered. "She's busy today."

"Studying?" Aleksei smiled.

"No, she's going on a date." Nikita took a sip of his smoothie.

Zakhar froze on the spot too. He glanced up at Aleksei to see his reaction.

Aleksei had sunk into oblivion. That very thought was hard to process.

"Date?" Zakhar decided to help out. "When did she get a date? Last night?"

Nikita shook his head. "Few days before that. She met him while shopping and agreed to meet him on Sunday." He took a look at the time. "She's probably going to meet him in an hour."

Aleksei sprinted upstairs.

"What's with the rush?" Nikita gave Zakhar a subtle glance.

"Nature calls." Zakhar pulled out his best excuse.

Tai going on a date was probably Aleksei's biggest nightmare.

***

Tai and Conrad sat across from each other in the cafe place they met.

"You like my choice?" He asked her after they sat down."Daytime romance."

"It was very charming." She smiled and then heard Aleksei's voice in her head. How can you laugh with other guys then?

Shoo, get out of my head!

She swore she would deal with this person first and then with her feelings after that almost second kiss with him. There was just no time to think about both.

Conrad was certainly a flirty guy, but very gentlemanly. He was trying to impress her, she noticed, and was asking her all sorts of things about her. How did she like the school? The town and the people? If it was hard going away from home to join the boarding school.

"It was hard at first. But most of the students only get used to it in the second year. It took me until the third to stop hating having to leave my family to study. But I knew independence would do me good."