Chapter 4

Nikita was fidgeting all the way back. Tai held Nikita's hand all the way through until they reached her villa trying to comfort him. "You'll be okay. They will figure it out." She told him with certainty.

"I'm still worried." Nikita had an anxious smile, but the burden in his chest was slowly drifting away.

"Did you see how cool they were? They will for sure find the blackmailer." Tai smiled. "And then I will pay to have them beat up whoever is putting you through this stress."

Nikita pushed his wavy bangs back and laughed. "Right, right. It will all be over in a few days."

Tai could feel the warmth spreading through her chest. "Exactly that" Tai encouraged him. "So just go to bed and don't think about it. I will talk to them tomorrow and see if there is any progress. You can count on me."

"Thank you, Tai."

"Thank you for walking me to my villa. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Make sure no one sees you on your way back."

She waved and rushed inside. Tomorrow was the day she was going to wake up and find that damn blackmailer too. She'll help the sinners any way she could. No one messes with her friends and gets away with it.

***

"Good morning." Zakhar smiled at both Lev and Aleksei who entered the kitchen looking like zombies.

Zakhar continued pouring the coffee into his thermos. "Trouble sleeping?"

"I was working all night going over the school's video log to find something on the blackmailer." Lev dragged his feet to the sink to get some water.

"I was sleeping just fine." Aleksei rubbed his eyes which were swollen and dark from lack of sleep.

"Yeah yeah." Zakhar took the other thermos pouring coffee for his girlfriend.

"Can I skip school today?" Aleksei pulled out a chair to sit down. "I don't feel so good."

Zakhar wanted to laugh. Has he ever seen Aleksei act like a wimp before?

"Not if you want to get paid. Go over the video logs with Lev today one more time and see if he missed anything. You can do that much." Zakhar ordered, putting a serious face on.

"You slave-driver." Aleksei whined and dropped his head on the table.

This was going to be a tough day, especially mourning his love life. As of today, it was finally over.

Classes were normal as usual. During the first two classes, Aleksei sat in the back watching the video logs that Lev had sent to him. There was nothing to see. Whoever did this, knew how to avoid the camera at a specific part of the school. Lucky for them, there weren't that many. Around recess, he headed towards his usual spot. Well, it wasn't like he was going to see Tai today. Even if he did, wasn't it about time he gave up?

He got to his usual spot outside sitting down on the grass and looked around, but she was nowhere to be found. Oh well. He didn't expect to get lucky today. He leaned back on his elbows breathing in the air. It was another nice day and the breeze felt nice on his face.

"Hello."

"Mm?" He opened one eye to see a pair of light brown eyes staring back at him.

It took him a few blinks to make out her face, but her curly hair was enough for him to recognize her.

It.was.Tai.

He instantly sat straight and turned around. She was a bit tense, maybe even excited if not frightened, but there was a determined look on her face.