Chapter 20

So to mark chapter 20 ..aaay ✨💕💕 I just want to say thank you to everyone who is reading the story while I'm updating. Give yourself applause, you deserved it.

(❁'◡'❁)For my first-time readers on this story that don't know me as a writer, I have an Instagram account called katherineyorkteam and I post extra things on there for each and every one of my stories, including my most read one Stop That Hacker.

•I also post advice for writing and reply to everyone if you guys need any help with your stories, or just want to talk. Overall it's a fun community for everyone who loves romance and love stories and I invite you to join 💖

Now back to the story

Tai and Aleksei had not expected this outcome. Asking for some privacy, they isolated themselves in Aleksei's room and they were now on opposite sides unsure how to even open up this conversation. Aleksei was quiet for quite some time while Tai was fretting by the door.

She wanted to help Nikita, but she had just started getting close to Aleksei. The consequences of doing this were big. They were going to graduate soon, so they were going to waste some precious time of what they had left.

Aleksei laid down on the bed with a heavy sigh. He placed his arms under his head and stared at the ceiling. He already knew how this was going to play out. Nikita was still Tai's number one priority and he was sure she was going to sacrifice the little time they had for him.

But he knew why Zakhar had suggested this. If they decided to skip this opportunity just so he and Tai can date then they were giving the blackmailer a chance to find weaknesses. Next thing the blackmailer would be threatening him with his past or Tai with hers. Secrets were going to get uncovered and were going to hurt everyone. This was the best way to catch them.

Tai climbed onto the bed and laid next to him. "Are we going to talk about this?"

"What's there to talk about? We can't see each other until Zakhar comes up with a plan and let's be honest graduation is coming and..."

"Do you want to stop this then?" Tai asked.

Aleksei finally faced her. "I don't want to stop. But I know we'll agree with Zakhar's plans so there's nothing to talk about."

"You're right. I want to do anything I can to find this damn blackmailer because it's stressing me out."

Aleksei turned towards the ceiling again. Yep. Exactly what he expected to hear.

"But.." She moved closer and laid on his chest. "Even if we have only a few hours left I don't want to waste them."

The sudden contact confused him. He dropped his hands down over her body. She was so warm and soft, pressed against him. All of his senses felt stirred. He wanted to grab her and make love to her and at the same time hold her close for every bit of time they had. This just wasn't fair and he hated every bit of it, but he turned his whole body and embraced her.

She wrapped her arm around his waist and nuzzled into his neck. She closed her eyes, enjoying his warm hands on her back. It was the moment she knew she was way more than infatuated now. From the moment she laid eyes on him, her interest grew more and more. He opened her heart and she was vulnerable to him unlike anyone else.

"It might not matter now, but this will ruin me." He whispered in her ear.

"What do you mean?" She raised her head to look at him.

"Nothing." He kissed her forehead.

"I'll take the blame for this."

"Why?" He played with a strand of her hair.