Chapter 13

"Nikita wanted to see you." He told her as they were walking towards his car. "Want to come over and see him before it gets too late?"

"I guess I can stop by for a while." She was more nervous about getting into the car she had kissed him in.

"Belt." He told her as she sat in the front seat.

She put the seatbelt on and reached for her neck nervously playing with the necklace. She wondered how long this car was going to be? And that almost-kiss moment at the party yesterday. How was she supposed to suppress that?

Aleksei was aware she was nervous. He had a knack for reading people and while she was doing her best to look calm, he could tell the very thought of being in this car with him alone was making her think of the kiss. He has suffered every day like this since then. But as much as he wanted her to feel relaxed around him, he wanted her head to be filled with thoughts of him.

"Are you thinking about the kiss?" He asked.

Tai almost choked on her spit. "No, I'm not."

"That was a fast answer. I think you were." He decided to tyrannize her.

"We didn't kiss last night," She said strongly.

"Ah, so you were thinking about last night. Interesting." He opened the window letting the warm breeze in as he drove.

"Focus on the road, please." She crossed her arms and legs and looked out the window.

"You can't avoid the topic forever or run away like you did last night." He turned on the radio, the music playing on low in the background.

"I'll avoid what I like when I like for as long as I like. I'm a professional avoider at this point. Avoiding problems, awkward situations, people I don't like and unnecessary drama is my strong point."

He paused for a moment, running his finger over his mouth. "Am I one of those people you don't like?"

"No." She kept looking out the window. "Just the topics you keep bringing up."

Aleksei looked at the side mirror of the car and smiled. She was doing her best to keep calm and sound rational.

"I think the reason you avoid those topics is that you know exactly what they lead to." He glanced at her before turning left. "But wouldn't it be better if we at least talked about it?"

Tai was happy to see the end of the car ride so near. She ignored his last sentence.

He parked his car and Tai rushed out at the speed of light. He followed after her, and they walked to the villa together.

Tai kept playing with the necklace around her neck. She should think about Aleksei now and make a decision. Did she want to indulge in something with him or would she have to strongly avoid him from now on? Because at this pace he was going to overwhelm her.

The moment they walked inside Lev and Nikita headed out.

"Huh?" Aleksei looked at them confused. "Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back." Nikita told Tai following Lev.

"I sent them out to get the food I ordered. " Zakhar explained.

"I'll be right back. I need to change this shirt."Aleksei ran off upstairs leaving Tai and Zakhar alone.

Tai took a deep breath. For some reason staying alone with Zakhar was nerve-wracking because she never knew what sort of topic to talk to him about.

"Arya is coming as well." He headed towards the counter. "Want some coffee?"

"I'm fine." Tai raised her hands.