Pre Vento Aureo

Words count: 1254 words.

———

8 days prior to Golden Wind incident.

Rain was pouring down mercilessly in that faithful night in Veneto. No sane figure in sight dare to fought the weather and there was no single star up above the daunting skies. A poet would sung a mournful song for he thought someone must've died. The night was that grim, just by the look of it.

A figure walk ever so weakly, no vigor in her muscles, no shines of life in her blue pairs of eyes. She halt in between two streetlights, on the stone pavement of Italy.

In the midst of the unforgiving rain, there in the irksome rain drops stood a fine young woman. No emotion shown in her features.

The rain washed the blood she possess from head to toe, the rain was cruel, but it showered her anew.

If she appeared like a new born baby, she is no longer now.

Dressed in tattered uniform she walks again, no distinct destination in her mind. Lights guide her to move and seek shelter under any shade her dull eyes can see far beyond the grim night. She chuckles not finding any appropriate shelter even in between all of the buildings surrounding her.

Not minding her unfortunate luck no more, the girl decided to just sat down and leaned onto the nearest streetlights. The night was cold, but she had no idea why she did not mind it.

She just need to survive after all.

"Aren't you cold?" A voice she somehow recognize bait her attention.

Not answering, the girl looks up to find a young man, bang in similar style as hers. Suited comfortably in his white black spotted suit.

"You look like me..." The girl spoke weakly not having vigor.

"Are you..." The girl spoke once again.

"Safe your breath, signora. My name's Bruno Bucciarati. You must be Venetta." The young adult introduced himself as he shares his umbrella with Venetta.

"How come you know who I am?" Venetta undivided attention was on Bruno as she said this.

"I..." Bruno started.

"I know why you are made Venetta. I know why you are created. That's how I knew of you." Bruno spoke softly.

"Then you're here to collect me, my life that is." Venetta spoke with a dull voice.

"Why so sure?" Bruno humored himself with a soft laugh.

"I was created to destroy your group. Passione." Venetta stares at the flowing water.

"That you are. The real question is, are you going to fulfill just that?" Bruno crouched beside the girl as he too stares at the flowing water.

"...No, I  don't think I will." Venetta hummed.

"I... I do not wish to kill you." Venetta added.

"And why is that?" Bruno question.

"I was created using your DNA, that and the life of an innocent girl... my creators, they're monsters." Venetta spoke with a sense of truth.

"I felt threatened by them, and so I killed them. Every one of them..."

"I... I wanted revenge for some reason, I took the chance and ran with it." Venetta held out an arm, cupping her hands for water.

"I even killed a sculptor on the way here, he threatened me with this... frightening prophecy before I killed him. I was so afraid, I couldn't even control it." The girl with even bangs reminiscent.