Episodio 13: The Final Mission

Word Counts: 2547 words.

"How long to the destination?" Bruno asked his comrade outside Coco Jumbo.

"We've almost reached Rialto Bridge. About five more minutes before we reached the destination." Fugo factually answered.

"Alright, let's keep going." Bruno nods.

"Bucciarati, what did the Boss say to do?" Giorno nicely asked.

"...I'm checking the instructions from the Boss again. I'll read it aloud for you." Bruno replied with a subtle hesitation.

"The information on this disc was inputted when you boarded the train at Naples. Therefore, I have no way of knowing how many pursuers are left and how many team members you have lost. The information on this disc describes the safest way for me to meet my daughter. It is the final mission."

"The orders I will give now must be followed to a T, and failure to do so will be unforgivable.  If someone acts outside of these orders, even by accident, I will consider it a threat with malicious intent."

"Now, I will explain the mission." Bruno took a deep breath before he continues.

"You will now head to the island of San Giorgio Maggiore. Bring my daughter to the top of the bell tower. Once you bring her there, your mission will be over."

———

Directive 1: There are no stairs to the bell tower. There is one elevator that goes straight to the top. Only Trish and one bodyguard may ride the elevator.

Directive 2: The guard may not bring a gun, cell phone, or any personal belongings.

Directive 3: You must get on the island within 15 minutes of receiving the disc. The disc has a tracking device, so I should know where you are.

Directive 4: All others must remain in the boat and not go on land. That's is all

P. S

Arancini Cerchio has declined my last request and has remained undetected away from Passione supervision, ignoring my last warning I deemed Cerchio to be traitor.

Bucciarati, I know she was one of you, if you or any member of your team bring me her head, fruitful rewards awaits.

———

"Bucciarati? You still there?" Giorno raised his voice slightly at Bruno had his voice dissappear after the fourth direction.

Trish looked at the male Bucciarati before her eyes set onto Venetta. She then nudge her to reel his attention back, to be one with reality again.

"Father?" Venetta put a hand onto Bruno's left shoulder. Bruno reacted with a swift smile.

"Sorry. I thought I saw something else in there. That's all Giorno." Bruno assure.

"Alright then, we have arrived, Bucciarati." Giorno's soft and comforting voice echoes.

---

"So the Boss is at the top of that tower." Narancia looks up as he wonder.

"Very detailed instructions. He seems cautious. But that's what it takes to be a mafia boss." Fugo observed his Boss's behavior.