~Chapter 28~

Our debut was, like our company expected, really successful and our group got nominated for the rookie award. We were even invited to perform our title song.

My friends from BTS, still didn't ask me about the new group that debuted, so I guessed that they didn't see it yet. I'm still really recognizable, so it can't be that they saw it, but didn't recognize me.

Tae and me barely texted after I debuted, because we were both busy, also my other friends from his group. But today was going to be the day, where we finally reunite.

My members and I were getting ready for the award show in the backstage styling area. The only other group that was getting ready in the same room as well, was a girlgroup called Itzy. They're a five member group under JYP entertainment. One of them always stared at us through the mirrory I even overheard her talking to the staff, asking them if she could talk to us. I'm not sure why, but she wasn't allowed to.

Is it because we're rookies? Or because we're from SM entertainment? That wouldn't make any sense though.

As if she could read my mind, Ji explained to me, that the whole not being allowed to talk to us thing, was because our entertainment wants us to not be distracted during our first few appearances on Shows and to take it seriously, to keep it professional.

Our Stylists finally finished our looks and told us to search for a staff member to show us the way to our seats.

On the way to our seats, I searched for my friends in the crowd, but I only saw an empty table which had a card that said BTS, on it. So I guessed that they were still getting ready. My group's seats were not that close to their table, which was a shame. But they should recognize me as soon as I walk on stage.

I saw Jaehyun and his members sitting close to us and he noticed me too, because he started smiling as soon as he saw me walking past them.

Hikaru told me to not look at other Idols too much, to avoid dating scandals.
That's when I realized, that my plan of surprising them might not have been the smartest, since they will probably have a really surprised reaction as soon as they see me on stage.

I'm so stupid

„Our senior Idols are already experts in not looking at Idols from different groups or giving any suspicious reactions to their performances. That's why we have to do the same and not ruin their career by creating a scandal or weird rumors." Hikaru added and now I hoped for them to not show any reaction. „Netizens see everything"
I then remembered, that exactly all of these informations stand in the papers, they gave us at the beginning of our debut.

The show started and Itzy were the first to perform. I was mesmerized by them. They were all so talented and professional.

I'm going to stan them

After some more performances, it was finally our turn. We already changed into our performance outfits and got ready to walk on stage.

The stage was dark when we walked to our positions. Then the song started to play and the whole stage lighted up.

I tried to not think about the fact that my boyfriend was in the crowd watching me and just focus on my performance, being professional like any other time.

During the middle of our performance I accidentally made eyecontact with Yoongi. But it showed me that they in fact, did not have any reaction to me literally being on the stage performing in front of them. Because his face didn't look surprised or anything.

I then shifted my eyes towards the person next to him. Which was a huge mistake.

My well trained muscle memories of this dance saved me from making any wrong steps and I was able to continue performing perfectly. I was also finished with all my rap parts, so there was only dancing and facial expression left.