Chapter 1

I twirled the pen between my fingers nervously as I stared down at the contract.  

I looked up at Mal, and she smiled down at me. 

I clicked the pen open, found the line for my signature, and signed. 

After Mal and I left an hour later, we went out to eat at Mal's favorite restaraunt. Then we had ourselves a night. 

----------

Morgana's POV

I was abkle to play my first game with the Red Stars on April 24th, even though I only trained for 2 days. They had so many injuries that they needed all the help they could get. So I played the Challenge Cup game against Kansas City. I didn't start, which I was fine with. But I was subbed in at the 72nd minute. 

And I was able to put away a goal in the 88th minute to help ectend the lead from 2-1 to 3-1, which ended up being the final score. 

The announcer for the match started playing 22 by Taylor Swift, and everyone in the stands started singing it. 

Mal gave me a big hug, and we had a celebration almost identical to one from the national team. 

The next game I played was the one Challenge Cup semi-sinal, which we played North Carolina Courage,  and we ended up going into penalty kicks with a tied score of 1-1. I assisted Mal in the 90+3rd minute to send us to PK's. 

5 of us shot - Mallory Pugh, Ava Cook, Me (Morgana LaRue), Vanessa DiBernardo, And Arin Wright. All of us made it, and Alyssa Naeher saved 2 of the other team's kicks, giving us the 5-3 on them and causing us to win. 

Then we went to the Challenge Cup final, which we played against the Washington Spirit. 

It hurt that I had to play against Ashley Sanchez, one of my best friends in the whole world. I also had to play against my other close friends Ashley Hatch, Kelley O'Hara, Emily Sonnett and Aubrey Kingsbury. All people I hung out with at camp. 

I started due to one of the other forwards being injured, and I scored a brace, and Ava Cook scored 1 and Mal scored 1 to help us win 4-2. 

So we eon the Challenge Cup, and we were all super happy and everything. 

After the game Mal and I talked to the girls we knew for a while, even though we had to celebrate our win. 

The goals they scored were by Ashley Hatch and Trinity Rodman. I hoped Trinity was called up to the National team next time around, becaue I feel like we could be a great duo. 

"Hey Ashley? Will Trinity be mad if I go say hello to her?" I asked. 

"Nah. She's a lot friendlier than she seems. She's just intense on the field." She said. 

"Okay cool." 

So I found myself talking to Trinity Rodman, last year's NWSL rookie of the year, and a girl who was my opponent about 10 minutes ago. 

"Trinity Rodman? Hi. I don't know if you know me or really care but I'm-" I was cut off. 

"Morgana LaRue. I know you. You're literally amazing." She said, shaking my hand. 

"I was coming over to tell you the same thing!" 

So we talked for a minute, and it felt like talking to an old friend. She was just super kind. 

So then we started the regular season after that. 

We played Racing Louisville first, and I scored 1, Rachel Hill scored 1, and Mal scored the last one to have us win 3-0.