Chapter 12

Morgana's POV

I pulled myself together quickly, and stepped back on the field for the remaining time. The defender who had been causing Mal and I trouble this whole time was awarded a red card and had to sit down, and everyone knew something more was going to happen when the league hears about it. 

I just stayed high for the rest of the game and didn't touch the ball once, which was completely fine with me, considering how out of the game I was at that point. 

We did our team meeting after the game, and then I went to go sign posters and take selfies with the fans for a half an hour. Then they called me back for a press conference, which was going to be the death of me. 

"Morgana, 9 game win streak, how do you feel?" Asked the interviewer. 

"I feel great. I mean, my team is awesome, and I'm just so lucky to get to play with this group. Also a group of just great people." I replied. 

"This was your last game before international break, and as if right now, you're iahead in the golden boot race by 4 goals, extending your lead by 2. So now you have 15 goals in the season. That's very impressive. And especially being a rookie. What gave you the idea to not return to college and sign here?" 

"I decided after my first 3 games with the national team that I wasn't sure about going back to college, but then I got an offer from the Red Stars thanks to my good friend Mallory Pugh, so that really had the biggest effect on my decision. And I was undecided in my major, and the college life just really wasn't for me." I responded. 

"Now tonight, you and a player from the other team had 2 verbal altercations, and one got slightly physical. And reportedly the second one got personal. Why was that?" 

"Listen, I can't get into anyone else's head and know what drove her to say those things, but I do admit I got a bit mad myself. But, uhh, here's a little tip for everybody. Sports aren't meant to be personal. There wasn't a need to bring my personal life into into my games. Soccer is a good outlet for me to forget the craziness of my personal life, especially with everything going on right now. And yes, things do get heated, but the need to bring my sister into any altercation is absolutely unnecessary, no matter how heated it gets. I can forgive, but I can't forget." 

"You were in a car crash a few days ago. How did you pick yourself up from that to come out and play tonight?" 

"I've had to pick myself up and play after a lot recently. I had no major injuries except a few bruises from it, so I dusted myself off and just went on, because it's not effecting my daily life." I said. 

"So you came out injury free, with a few bruises but didn't need a break?" 

"Exactly. It's a complete miracle and I am so grateful that I was able to make it out as well as I did." I said. Then I added "Now my mom's car...that's another story." 

Everyone in the room laughed, and I smiled and laughed a little bit. Then I saw Mal come into the room, and I extended my smile. 

They told Mal to sit down, and they asked us a million questions about team dynamic and that stuff. Nothing about our personal lives, thankfully.

By the time we got out of there, my phone was blaowing up with textes. Some from my parents, my grandma, my sister, my friends, and from all the girls from our little squad. 

iMessage to you, Ashley, Soph, Kelley, Hatchy, Mal <3

Ashley Sanchez: Morgana, freaking beat her up. 
Kelley O'Hara: End her. 
Ashley Sanchez: If she says another word to you I will throw something at Kelley's TV. 
Kelley O'Hara: You most definitely will not.
Soph Smith: Hatch please tell me you're there to facilitate this
Hatchy: Of course I am. I'm not letting them and Trinity watch a game together where Morgana plays without adult supervision.
Soph Smith: Thank god. Protect Kelley's TV for me please.
Hatchy: I will. 
9:05pm
Hatchy: Trinity has suct taped Ashley's mouth shut because she was yelling too much and the people in her building are getting very mad
Kelley O'Hara: It's actually hilarious. 
Soph Smith: Oh my lord.
Kelley O'Hara: *Attachment: 1 image*
Soph Smith: Trinity next to her with the thumbs up is so iconic
Hatchy: We just took it off so we could celebrate Morg's goal and her lips are red
Soph Smith: Wish I was there. 
10:15pm
Me: Damn that sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could watch me score goals and watch Ashley's mouth get duct taped shut. 
Soph Smith: You really are a beat, Morgana. 
Me: One thing about me is I always get the last laugh. 
Mal <3: Hatch why did you let Ashley on twitter
Soph Smith: Shit what did she say
Mal <3: Go look. 
Ashley Sanchez: Oopsies. 
Me: Soph did you watch the game alone?
Soph Smith: Morgan Weaver's with me
Me: I freaking hate press conferences
Soph Smith: Me too
Hatch: Me three
Kelley O'Hara: Ashley just singlehandedly started a twitter feud
Me: Of course she did.
Mal <3: Wtf Sanchez. Sometimes I wonder about you
Me: How many pieces am I gonna have to pick up?
Hatchy: Ashley did you go home
Kelley O'Hara: Yes she did but I think to Trinity's
Hatchy: Okay so she didn't go home?
Soph Smith: Clearly not
Hatchy: Oh no
Mal <3: What's wrong?
Hatchy: Just look at twitter
Soph Smith: Ashley why would you do that?
Me: ASHLEY SANCHEZ YOU IDIOT
Kelley O'Hara: Let me text Trinity
Me: Yes please get her in line. 

Mal and I sat in the locker room laughing at them for a good 15 minutes before heading home and I just wondered how to pick up her twitter mess. 

"I hate social media." I sighed, settling into the drivers seat of my car. . 

"I can tell it's only going to be the root of our problems going forward." Mal said. 

"We'll be okay. Everything will work out." 

"I hope so." 

It started to rain, and we decided because it was so heavy we would wait it out for a few minutes, hoping it would pass. 

"Tonight was good." I said. 

"On some fronts." 

"Players just try so hard to give me a bad rep, don't they?" I asked sadly. 

"It feels like it. And I'm sorry about that." She sighed, grabbing my hand. "But  you know I'll still love you no matter what." 

"I love you too."