Chapter 21

Morgana's POV

We ended up not scoring any more goals and won 3-0 off my hat trick. 

I walked out onto the field to tell the other girls and the other team good job, and then I went almost immediately back to the locker room to shower and change and go back to my hotel. 

But it started to rain, so autographs and selfies for the fans was shut down early anyway. 

When I got out of the shower, I was told that Vlatko was going to have a quick meeting and if I wanted to stick around I could, or I could go home because it was a rough day for me other than the game. 

"I'll stay." I said, knowing that Mal had to stay and I wanted to be with her. 

I went to go pack up the rest of my stuff from my locker when I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"You had a great game today, kid." Said BEcky Sauerbrunn. 

"Thanks Becky." I sighed. 

"And I know it was a hard day for you. I can't even imagine. But you're tough. Really, really tough. And if you're struggling right now, you aren't showing it. And you certainly didn't play like it." 

"I just don't want to put the burden of my problems on anyone else. Not with qualifiers coming up anyway. Except Mal. She can suck it up and listen." I laughed. 

"It's not a burden at all, Morgana. We're all here for you. We understand if you need space, time, whatever. We're all here for you though." She said, and walked away. 

I zipped up my bag and sat down in front of my locker, which today was between Sanchez who was number 2 and Becky who was 4. When I wore 22, I was  between Aubrey Kingsbury and Kristie Mewis who wore 23. 

"Morgana. They went you for an interview." Said Lindsey walking into the locker room. 

I sighed, and started to get up. 

"If you don't want to I can just tell them you left." 

"It's okay." I said, heading for the door. 

I turned around before I left, and I saw Ashley Sanchez watching me leave sadly, as well as Kelley, who nodded for me to go, and I did. 

As I walked out, I was looking at my feet and bumped right into Hatch, who was looking at her phone. 

"Sorr-" She started to say. "Hey Morgana. Hell of a game tonight!" 

"Thanks." I said. 

"Everything alright?" 

"Yeah. They want to interview me. I don't wanna cry on an interview." 

"You won't." 

"But what if I do?" 

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked. 

"You'd do that?" 

"Of course." She said, grabbing my hand. "Let's go." 

When we got to the place where they were doing the interviews, I saw Mal behind the camera. I just assumed she was in the showers when I got out, but here she was. 

It was then that I realized I was still holding my jersey because I forgot to put it in my bag. I just looked down at it, I saw the LaRue above the 3, and I almost burst into tears again. 

"Morgana! Nice to see you!" Said the girl giving the interview. "Do you think you could step up here so I could ask you a few questions?" 

"Sure." I said, quickly pulling myself together.