Chapter 31

July 11th, 2022

Morgana's POV

I can't believe I even started this game after scoring 6 times in the last one. But I did, and so did Mal. But I started in midfield, and Hatchy started in the center. Trinity on the right, Mal on the left, Sanchez, and Rose and I in the middle, and Emily Fox at left back, Sofia Huerta at right back, and Naomi Girma and Alana Cook a center backs. 

Rose and Trinity stole the show in the first 13 minutes, Trinity putting a beautiful cross in to Rose.  Then Sanchez helped me put one in in the 25th minute, and Mal's corner kick helped Sanchez put one away in the 44th. 

I gave Hatchy a nice pass and she finished in the 59th, and then she returned the favor in the 72nd. 

Then I was pulled off to give me those 18+ minutes off for our next game. I had 2 goals and an assist, so I felt great. We were up 5-0. 

Mal made it 6, assisted by Huerta. 

She was also pulled off in the 80th, so were Rose, Sanchez, and Trinity. 

The final score was 6-0, and we stayed and signed autographs as usual. I got interviewed as always, and so did Mal and Hatchyl

We had topped out group by far, and Mexico was in second, so they went to play Canada, and we had to play Costa Rica next. If we win, we play the winner of Mexico/Canada for the Concacaf champions title, and qualify for the Olympics. We had already qualified for the World Cup with winning top 2 in our group. And I was front and center in the graphic. 

----------

July 14th, 2022

Morgana's POV

Today we play Costa Rica, and if we won today, we went on to play Canada for the title of Concacaf Champions and Olympic qualification. 

That's all I could hear in my head, over and over again. 

"Morgana LaRue and the USWNT are going to the World Cup. Will they be going to the Olympics as well?" 

I was told I wasn't going to start tonight, but a little injury to Lindsey Horan caused me to get the start. It was all just for precaution. 

So I was starting in the midfield with the same 3 as the last game. The forwards were the same except Alex started in the center instead of Hatchy, and Sonnett started on the left back and Kelley at right back instead of Fox and Huerta. 

Costa Rica came out fast and hot, which was a shock to us, but I scored in the 28th to put us ahead 1-0. It was an assist from Trinity. 

Then Alana Cook got taken out really badly in the 32nd, and Becky Sauerbrunn had to come in. 

her were a few scares with them getting through, but nothing too too bad. 

Then in the 41st, Sonnett put in her first international goal to put us ahead 2-0, and we were all so happy for her. 

We were told by Vlatko we had to clean it up before he could make subs, even though he really wants to rest us. He said that to just the starting 11. He said the sub thing to me, Mal, Rose, Alex, and Trinity, as he could only make 5 subs because of the one used for Girma. 

We cleaned it up in the second half for sure, I put one away off a cross from Mal, and then she scored one off a pass from Sanchez. 

Then Sanchez also drew a foul in the box for a PK, which Alex was set to take. But Sanchez was down, and it didn't look good. It looked like she landed on her wrist. They wrapped it up, and then Vlatko put in a sub for her even though she told me she was fine to play after. 

So that meant that Mal, Trinity, Alex, Rose or I wasn't going to get a sub. Shoot. 

Well it turned out that Alex wasn't getting  the sub, and the rest of us came off with 20 minutes left, but Rose came out with 13. 

We secured the 5-0 victory by playing mostly defensively after that. 

After the games were like Deja vu, the same thing over and over again. 

But we're playing Canada now. We don't want the same thing to happen to us now as the last Olympics. I wasn't there, but this is where I'm needed most, and right now. 

"So, Canada." I said to Mal in the tunnel. "You ready?" 

"I was born ready. We've got you, Trin and Rose who have literally had the games of your life. I think we're all ready. That game, that's why we're here." She said. 

"Don't forget about yourself." I laughed. 

"I guess I've been pretty good too. But we can do it. It's going to be a piece of cake." 

"If you say so." 

"Morgana!" Sanchez came running up to me. "You know what?" 

"What?" 

"You need a movie. You deserve a movie. I think it would be a hit." 

"Thanks, Ash. But I don't think I'm gonna get a movie." I laughed. 

"I don't know. I heard the interview people talking it over. I think someone's looking to pick up a show or a movie about you." 

"But it's so early in my career." 

"Maybe a documentary?" 

"Ash, are you making stuff up?" 

"No." 

"I don't believe you." 

"Well fine. Whatever." She huffed. "But I did think of a title. It's called 'Morgana LaRue: When the Underdog Becomes the Hot Dog.' Do you like it?" 

I laughed, and so did Mal. 

"I love it, Ash. Let's get going now."