Chapter 16

June 25th, 2022

Morgana's POV

It's my 4th USWNT gameday, and I'm very excited. 

I have 3 caps, 5 goals and a few good assists against some of the best teams in the world, so these Colombia friendlies shouldn't be all that hard for me, but who knows. 

I started my day off like usual. Mal and I woke up at 8:00, went to the gym, then met the team for our 9:30 breakfast. 

"Happy first gameday!" I said to Trinity as I say down next to her. 

"Thanks." She said. "I feel like I'm gonna vomit." 

"Awwe, flashbacks!" 

"Huh?" 

"I'm pretty sure I did vomit on my first gameday." I said. 

"Well thanks for that. You're like, the calmest person I know, and you were throwing up on game day." 

"You just have to eat. You'll be fine! It's gameday! Nothing can go wrong!" 

"I mean lots can-"Sophia started. 

"Well nothing will, because it's Trinity's first cap day!" 

"How do you know she's even gonna play?" Asked Kelley. 

"Planned sub in the 75th minute." Trinity said. "I'm coming in for Morgana." 

"I'm just so excited for her!" I said. "My life changed so much after my first cap." 

"Yeah. You smashed Mal then scored a hat trick." Laughed Trinity. 

"Wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled. 

"That was weird. She gave you a special power for the game or something." Ashley said. 

"Magical Mal.." Trinity said. 

"Please." Laughed Mal. 

"Hey Mal, you and me tomorrow night. I need some of that magic."" Trinity laughed. 

"Alright that's enough." I said, hitting Trinity in the head. 

"Back off her girl!" Kelley said. 

"You know I'm not in love with Mal." Said Trin. "'I'm straight." 

"Mhm. That's what Morgana was saying at this exact time on the day of her first cap and you see where she ended up." 

"Kelley." I said. 

"Just saying." 

----------

At about 12:00, I was back in my room hanging out with Ashley and Sophia. Mal was hanging out with Lindsey in her room, and I had no idea where the rest of the group was. 

"I wonder if Trinity is in our room vomiting." Ashley said. 

"Probably. She was turning green when I was like 'ooh * hours!' so have fun cleaning that bathroom." Said Sophia. 

"Ew I forgot about that. Well it's her problem. I'm not cleaning that up." 

"You heard anything about the starting lineup?" Asked Sophia. 

"Well I'm starting somewhere and Trin is subbing in for me. I have no idea because Vlatko's been having me practice as a midfielder." I said, taking a sip of my water bottle. 

"Interesting." Said Ashley. 

"Yeah. Who knows what'll happen." 

"This is the most interesting team I've been apart of, that's for sure." I sighed. 

"Definitely." Soph said. "But one thing is for certain on this team that I never really felt from any other team." 

"What's that?" Asked Ashley. 

"Everyone's got eachother's backs. I feel like everywhere I turn, there's someone I can talk to. And especially with our little tight-knit group. It feels nice to be apart of a genuinely goo group of girls." 

"I agree." I said. 

"Me too." Said Ash. 

My phone started to ring, and when I looked at it, it wasn't my mom like I expected. It was some random number from Colorado. 

"Hold on guys. I should take this." I said, and sat down on my bed. They got quiet, and I answered the call. 

"Is this Miss Morgana LaRue?" Asked a guy's voice. 

"Yes it is." 

Sorry about the short chapter and late update! I published the first  2 chapters of my Sophia Smith story, so go check that out if you haven't already! Thanks and hope you enjoyed!