Chapter 6

June 14th, 2022

Mal's POV

"So there's this flight back to D.C. tonight at 8:00." Said Hatch, scrolling through her phone. 

"Can't we stay just one more day?" Kelley asked, sitting down at the table with a cup of coffee. 

"Yeah. We don't have another game until the 17th anyway." Said Ashley Sanchez. 

"Listen, I want to stay as much as you guys, but we have to get home." Hatch put down her phone. "We have to make sure we beat Racing Louisville because we're lower on the table than we should be and they're higher." 

"That is true." Kelley sighed. 

"Well I can just stay an extra day." Said Ashley. 

"If everyone sees we left you in Colorado they'll be mad." Hatch said. 

"I don't care." 

"Come on, Ash." Hatch sighed and then picked up her phone again. "I'll book it and you guys can get me back later." 

"I hope there's something back to Portland." Sophia said. "I guess it doesn't matter because I'm not playing until the 19th." 

"So are you playing and then flying to national team camp that night?" I asked. 

"I guess. I don't really want to miss a game with Portland." 

"You'll be exhausted." Morgana said. 

"I will, but it is what it is." 

We heard the front door open and it was Chloe with bagels and donuts. 

"I come bearing breakfast items." She said as she walked into the kitchen. 

Then I heard the door open again, and running feet. 

"Hey Chloe!" Said Keley and Sophia. 

"Is that Hayley I hear?" Asked Morgana, and I saw the first genuinely happy in a few days. 

"Aunt Morgana!" Hayley ran to her, and Morgana lifted her up, squeezing her. 

"How's my favorite niece?" 

"I'm good." She replied, then she looked around and saw me. "Aunt Mal!" 

"Hayley!" I said, and she jumped out of Morgana's arms and cam to me. "How's soccer going?" 

"It's good. I scored 3 goals last time." 

"You know who else did that?" 

"Who?" 

"Your Aunt Morgana." 

"What!" She laughed. 

"Hey are you doubting my soccer skills?" Morgana said. 

"Yes." 

Everyone laughed, and Kelley, who was picking a donut, turned around looking confused. 

"What happened?" She asked, still chewing. 

"You missed the funny kid." Said Sanchez. 

"I was dounting Aunt Morgana's soccer skills." Hayley said. "Kelley can I have a donut?" 

"What kind?" 

"Pink." I put her down and she went to go get the donut, and when she did she hugged Kelley. "Thank you!" 

"You're welcome." 

Chloe had disappeared without a word. 

Hayley went around and hugged the rest of the girls, and saying hi to everyone with their names.