Chapter 9

Morgana's POV

When I woke up, my chest hurt and when I rolled onto my stomach I audibly winced. 

"Aw shit." I said, sitting up so I didn't touch any more of my bruises. But when I sat up, my head hurt. 

"What hurts?" Mal asked, yawning. 

"Nothing. I'm fine." I lied. 

"Come here." She gently pulled me into a comfortable hug, and I rested my head on her shoulder. 

"Did you tell Ashley and Sophia and everyone yet?"I asked. 

"Yeah I did." 

"Ashley probably wishes I died." I laughed. 

"You think so low of her." Mal said, grabbing her phone off the table next to her side of the bed and opening the messages. 

She gave me her phone to read them. 

12:45am - iMessage group - Me, Sophia, Ashley, Kelley, Hatch
Kelley O'Hara: WAIT WHAT???? Ashley is currently crying in the airport , is everything okay??? 
Me: She's all good now, don't worry. Still asleep. She's gonna be okay.
Kelley O'Hara: The Ashley's right now: 
Kelley O'Hara: *Attachment: one image*
Hatch: No autographs, please. 
Ashley Sanchez: Shit shit shit is she okay???????????????????
Me: Ashley she's okay. Don't worry. Everything's fine. 
Ashley Sanchez: I'm really sad for her.
Me: I will have her cal you tomorrow, okay?
Ashley Sanchez: love you both
Me: We love you too Ash

"Aww, she loves you!" I laughed. 

"How do you know she wasn't just LYING?" Mal asked. 

"Mal, you two have a sister relationship. Sure you have your shares of ups and downs, but you really are very close. You've known eachother for years." 

"That's true."

It hasn't even been a day since Ashley, Sophia, Ash and Kelley left but I missed them all and couldn't wait for camp. We leave in 4 days, but we have to go back to Chicago for one last game before international break starts. 

Then after these friendlies against Colombia, we have to miss some of the regular season to go to Mexico (if we ll make the roster) for the world cup qualifiers against Haity, Jamaca and Mexico. 

So from tonight until July 5th, my life will be nothing but soccer and travel. And ofr course Mal. 

But that's how I like it. Sure I love to come home, but this is what I want to be doing. 

"We're flying back to Chicago tonight, right?" I asked Mal. 

"Yes." 

"What time?" 

"6:00." 

"Shoot. I have to say bye to Chloe and Hayley and-" 

"Morg, it's 9:45." She laughed. "Maybe you got hit in the head a little harder than you thought." 

"I didn't hit my head at all." I huffed. 

After we got dressed, we went downstairs to find that neither of my parents were home. 

"No one's here." I said sadly, sitting at the kitchen table. 

"Morgana...it's a random Wednesday." Mal laughed. 

"I forgot." 

"You seem to be forgetting a quite a bit today. Like when you left your room without a shirt on?"