Chapter 20

No one's POV - TV broadcast

2nd Minute - "Sanchez. Dribbling down the field. Finds Rodman. Rodman to the corner, hits the cross, in comes LaRue.....GOOOOAL MORGANA LARUE!" Sebastican said excitedly. 

"That cross from Rodman is just so good. Point blank. And LaRue saw it all the way." Julie said as the goal celebration was going on and the replay played. 

On the field, Morgana ran to Trinity, and gave her a big hug. 

"No one crosses like Trinity!" She said happily, and the rest of the team joined the celebration, touching her on the head and patting her back. Trinity didn't leave her left side until they had to get back in position for the kickoff again, and Ashley gave her a good long hug. 

And the quick moment Morgana and Mallory had was just their handshake, and Morgana made sure to get her handshake with Ashley quickly before they had to set up again. 

"And there's Morgana LaRue, wearing #3 tonight. Scored in the third minute." Sebastian said. 

"If the 3 is for her sister, it's a crazy coincidence." Julie laughed. 

14th minute - "Here's Pugh, running down the left side. Ball to Sanchez. Sanchez to Rodman. Good move in the box by Rodman!And there it is! Trinity Rodman scored in her debut!" Sebastian said. 

"Storybook 15 minutes for Rodman, honestly. First she gets her first assist to LaRue in the first 5, and then she scores in her debut in the first 15!" Said Julie happily. 

"And besides all of that, she is so sharp tonight. The only person who compares even a little bit is LaRue. But Rodman stands out the most on the field tonight." 

32nd minute - "Aubrey Kingsbury plays the ball to Sonnett. Sonnett to O'Hara. She has space, and she'll take it. Long ball to LaRue...AND THAT'S TWO FOR LARUE!! What a finish with her right foot." Sebastian said. 

"Just look at that ball from O'Hara...." Julie went on about the goal. 

On the field, the crowd went wild, deafening cheers, almost as much as Trinity's goal. 

Morgana had run to Kelley and gave her a hug. 

"You know, this is a 33rd  minute goal." She smiled. 

"3rd minute and 33rd minute." Kelley said. "Pretty special, huh?" 

"Yep." Morgana held up both of her arms with 3 fingers up on each hand. 

Ashley, Mal, and Trinity all ran over and they did handshakes and stuff, but Morgana felt like she was about to cry. 

"No crying on the field." Mal said. 

"You can read me like a childrens book." Morgana laughed. 

And the rest of the half went by with no goals but a few good chanced for Mal. 

USA leads Colombia 3-0 at the half. 

After halftime, there was a few changes. Rose Lavelle came in for Ashley Sanchez, Alex Morgan came out and Ash Hatch went in, and Emily Sonnett came out and Alana Cook went in. 

Morgana stayed, despite Vlatko wanting to pull her at the half. 

"I need to try for the hat trick." She told him. "3. Everything needs to be 3." 

"Fine." He sighed, and she high-fived Trinity. 

62nd minute - "We have some USA sobs waiting at half field, it looks like Kristie Mewis and Sophia Smith. And there's Mallory Pugh, breakaway, gets the ball to LaRue.....THERE IT IS! It's really something, itn't it? There's Morgana's third of the night. Take a bow, Morgana LaRue." Julie said. 

The crowd went so wild, and Morgana burst into tears right there on the field. 

"I'd say this is a pretty special moment for her." Sebastian said. 

"And in the 3rd, 33rd, and 63rd minute. Just....wow." 

On the field, Mal squeezed Morgana so tightly, trying to get her to stop crying, while also letting everyone around them celebrate. 

Then, somewhere in the stands, someone started chanting her name, and the whole stadium joined in. 

She smiled, the jumbotron showing her face after replaying the goal a few times. 

"You're up there." Sanchez said coming over to her and doing their handshake. 

"She's watching." Hatch said, putting her arm around Morgana. "3, 33 and 63. There's no way it's a coincidence." 

Then the subs came in, Sophia in for Trinity, and Kristie Mewis in for Andi Sullivan. 

Then Morgana was subbed off in the 75th minute, getting a standing ovation from the crowd. 

"You did a good job, kid." Lindsey said when Morgana walked by her. "Go rest up now." 

"Thanks Lindsey. Go get em'." 

Morgana threw on the pinney, and sat on the bench next to Ashley, holding in tears. 

"You're so awesome." Ashley put her arm around her. 

"Thanks Ash." She said, and that's when the tears came back. 

"You wanna go back to the locker room?" 

"I gotta watch my team." 

"And that hot girlfriend of yours." Trinity whispered, leaning over into Morgana. 

"You stay away." She laughed. 

"I'm just trying to watch the game!" Said Trin, leaning back. 

"Quiet yourself, Rodman." 

-----------

Told you there'd be an update soon! Anyway, I'm updating all three of my books right now as a final update until the new year. Here's to 2023! Have a happy new year everybody and I hope you enjoyed :)