Chapter 28

July 5th, 2021

Morgana's POV

The next day, everything was a mess. I mean literally everything.

I woke up in the middle of the night to Mal vomiting in the bathroom, so that was great. 

The next morning, Mal had fallen asleep, and I figured she didn't sleep well so I left her alone and went to recovery. 

Sophia wasn't there. 

I looked at my phone, and I saw that everything to do with the USWNT was blowing up. 

Our goals, as in my celebrations. And then a picture of Mal and I walking into the locker room after the game, the one with our arms around each others shoulders. Then somehow news of Soph's concussion had gotten around, so everyone was talking about that. And then there was a funny picture of Kelley. 

About 3 feet away from me, Trinity and Alex were making a tiktok, and I was in the background, but I pretended not to realize. 

Emily Fox handed me a water bottle and sat down on the couch next to me, and before I swallowed my sip of water, I spit it out all over Trinity. 

"What was that for?" She asked, and everyone else around was laughing really hard. 

"WHAT IS THIS?" I said, jumping out of my seat. 

"What is what?" Alex asked, still laughing as I watched Trinity put down her phone and dry her legs off. 

"This!" I showed Alex the picture on my phone, and she looked around the room. 

"Ashley. What is this?" I asked, walking over to her. 

"What?" She asked, refusing to look. 

"You saw it too?" 

"Saw what?" 

"This!" I shoved it in her face. 

"WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?" 

"Is it real?" 

"Um..." 

"It'r real???" Alex asked. 

"Never said that." 

"Your face says it all." 

"It's....." She grabbed both of our wrists and dragged us outside the recovery room. "It's real, yes." 

I gasped, and so did Alex. 

"BUT SHE'S NOT SINGLE???" Said Alex. 

"She is." 

"Are you delusional? She's got a boyfriend!" I said.

"No, they broke up the other day." 

"And she didn't tell us?" 

"No. It was already a bad day because of your sister and she didn't want to make it all about her." 

"I feel so bad for her. She didn't have to hide it from everyone because of me." 

"Well not everyone...." Ashley trailed off. 

"What?" 

"Some of the girls know. Like Trin, and Kelley, and Hatch and-" 

"Not helping." Alex said. 

"Sorry." 

"So you kissed Soph." I said. 

"Pretty much, yeah." 

"What even occurred for that to happen?" 

"Well she was pretty loopy on pain meds, and she was doing her makeup and telling me how she needs a rebound and she's going to go out and stuff. Obviously I wasn't going to let her go out like that, and I was blocking the door. Then she got her arm around me enough to somehow open the door, and then she stumbled right into me, knocking us both to the ground. Then I said something like 'see why I'm saying no rebounds?' and she just laughed and said 'well what if that rebound is you?' and then she kissed me, and I think people were walking by. 

Then I said 'you're so loopy on pain meds, Soph. You just need to sleep.' And then she said 'well it'll be fun while it lasts, right?' and then I stood up, she grabbed me, and kissed me again. Then I went into our room and-" 

"That's all I need. Thanks Ash." Alex said. She walked away after that, and I stayed to ask Ash for more. 

"So like, what are you gonna do about it?" I asked. 

"I have literally no idea. She's going home after our next game, as long as the doctors say it's okay on her reevaluation. I didn't get to talk to her this morning because of practice. But I don't really know what's going to happen." She said, fidgeting with her bracelet. "I have so many people after me." 

"Oh really?" I asked. 

"Yes. This girl on the Spirit with me, but I said no, this girl from San Diego, that guy that I met at a game once, Sophia now....oh and sometimes Trin and I kiss or whatever. I might have said too much. Bye." 

I just stared with my mouth wide open as she walked away. I knew she wasn't lying, because she stutters on her words when she lies. But not this time. Not a single stutter. She looked me right in the eyes, didn't break contact once. 

I just looked at the picture again, and then went to go do my recovery. 

Kind of a wack chapter but here it is! Also if you haven't already, go check out my Julie Ertz story! The main character is her little cousin! And check out my more recent Ashley Sanchez story ith her little sister as the main character! Thanks everybody! :)