Chapter 14

Morgana's POV

June 20th, 2022

Mal and I were thankfully roommates again. Today was our first day of practice, and then we went out to eat with Ashley, Trinity and Sophia. 

The entire time, Sophia kept saying how she felt like a third wheel on the double date, and Ashley kept rolling her eyes. 

Mal and I ended up ultimatiely telling Trinity how we got together and stuff, which we weren't going to tell the team yet, but she was the exception because we knew Ashley would blab one of these days. 

"So you hated her, and then you went to camp and fell in love?" Asked Trinity. 

"Essentially." I said. 

"There was some beer involved." Mal said quietly. 

"I'd rather not relive that." Said Soph. 

"Definitely not." I said. "I'll never take another sip of alcohol again." 

"This sounds like a good story." Trinity said. "Can you relive it just this once?" 

So then we told her about how Soph and I got super drunk with those guys in Ohio. 

"This story is not to be repeated." Sophia said. "Do you swear on your life?" 

"On my life." Replied Trinity. 

"Especially the part where you and Morgana kissed." Said Ashley. 

"Ashley!" All 3 of us said. 

"Oops did we not tell her that part for a reason or did we just forget...." 

"Again, something I'd rather not relive." I sighed. 

"I'm sorry." Ash said. 

"It is what it is." 

Eventually, the waiter came by, followed by a bunch of other staff. 

"Oh no." I said.

"Oh yes." Ashley smirked evily. 

"I heard someone is having a birthday?" Our waiter said. 

"Yes!! It's her!!" Ashley said happily, pointing to me. 

"I can't believe Kelley's missing this!" Sophia laughed. 

Then the whole staff sung happy birthday to me, and gave me a piece of cake. The whole restaurant it seemed went silent or joined in the happy birthday song. Then people started realizing who it was, and there was a lot of gasps and whispers. 

I blew out the single candle, wishing for everyone to stop staring at me. 

When all the staff walked away and back to waiting tables and doing whatever, I grabbed my fork and took a bite of the cake. 

"It's good!" I said, taking another piece with my fork. 

Before I could eat it, Ashley straight up took the fork from my hand and ate it. 

"That is very good." She said as the whole table laughed. 

My birthday wasn't for another 2 days, but Ashley had treated today like it was my birthday, and I knew she was going to do the same tomorrow. That's my over the top best friend for you. 

"Well you deserve a good cake after everything that happened this past year. All the good and bad things." Mal said. 

----------

June 22nd, 2022

Morgana's POV

Luckily for me, today was my birthday and also our off day for practice, so Sophia planned a dinner for some of us and we would have cake back at the hotel with the rest of the team and that would be the extent of my birthday celebration. 

And all I asked for was to go to sleep early last night and sleep in today. But Mal had other ideas. 

"WAKE UP!! Get out of bed, birthday girl. GET UP!" She yelled at me. 

I checked the time and it was literally 8am. 

"You know, you're already failing my birthday." I yawned.

"I don't care!! I'm gonna make it up to you. Get up!" She threw a bunch of clothes at me. 

"What's the rush? I just want to sleep IN! Not wake up this early!" 

"Well get dressed, and sleep IN the car! I have big plans for today!" 

"Oh whatever." I said, and blindly put on whatever she gave me, not paying attention to what it was. "You know, if Ashley had tried to pull this I woulda killed her." 

"I know. It's me waking you up by design." Mal said happily, grabbing a few things, throwing them in a bag and forcing me out the door. 

"Where am I supposed to be going?" I asked. 

"Parking lot." 

We walked that way quietly, then all of a sudden my eyes got covered by something and Mal laughed. 

"Are you serious? I thought they only did this in the movies." I sighed. 

I accepted that this was how it was going to be and went along with it. 

I heard a car door open, and then I got shoved in. I got pushed all the way over, against someone. 

"Hi Soph." I said as I sat there long enough to smell who it was. 

"Mal, blindfolding her wasn't part of the plan!" I heard Hatch say. 

"It was Ashley's idea!" Mal said. 

"Of course it was." I mumbled. 

"Well take it off now!" Sophia said. 

"Okay." Mal took off whatever was covering my eyes. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Ashley yelled. Everyone else said it too. 

"Thanks guys." I said. 

"Guess what we're doing today." Kelley said, leaning over my shoulder from the very back row of the car. 

"We're going to DISNEY WORLD!" Ashley yelled. 

"Ashley, she was supposed to GUESS!" Kelley said. 

"Sorry I was just too excited!" 

I was in the middle seat of the middle row squeezed between Mal and Soph, and Kelley and Trinity were in the very back, and Hatch was driving with Ashley in the passenger seat. 

"DISNEY BOUNDDDDD!" Screamed Kelley as Hatch pulled out of the parking lot. 

Everyone cheered and Ashley took a selfie of everyone in the car. 

I braced myself for a whole day in Disney with this group.