Chapter 13

June 19th, 2022

Morgana's POV

Travel day. 

We're traveling to Utah for camp and our first game, and then we go to Florida. I'm excited because we can go to Disney (again) but this time with Ashley and Soph and everyone. 

Update on everything that went down on twitter 2 days ago: everything's fine now. 

Ashley posted a stupid tweet that tagged KC Current, the team the mean defender played for, and said 'keep your players in tact before one of them ends one of my friend's careers. Stop it now, or I'll stop it myself' 

I wonder if Kelley gave her a sip or two of beer. 

Well now it's off to Utah. I have no idea what there even is to do there besides hang out with the team, which is very fun. 

On the flight to Utah, I fell asleep leaning on Mal's shoulder, and when we landed she told me she ate all my plane crackers, to which I got mad at her, and told her she owed me a pack on our next flight. 

"You can have Ashley's." She said. 

"Hey. I'm not gonna steal that poor girl's plane food." 

"Well I'll do it." Then she laughed. 

"Be nice." 

"Sorry." 

"You better be." 

"Calm down." She laughed. 

"I hope we're roommates again." I said as we got to baggage claim. 

"We can just switch with whoever." 

"True." 

"I just love traveling." Mal smiled, grabbing her suitcase. "I've only been to Utah like twice and only for 2 days so I don't really know what it's like." 

"Never been so I have no idea. But I just can't wait to see everyone." 

"We just saw them 4 days ago." 

"I know, but I still miss them." 

"Well I'll never leave you alone for 4 days then. You'd probaby die of missing me." She laughed. 

"Ha ha. You're so funny." I rolled my eyes and walked away, and she sped up to get next to me. 

"See the bus?" She said, grabbing my arm and pointing the opposide way I was walking. 

"Yeah." 

"No you didn't." 

"I didn't." I shook my head and we walked to the bus. 

"GUYS!!" I heard Ashley Sanchez scream, and I shipped around to see her running to us. 

"Sanch!" I yelled, and she gave me abhug. 

"It's only been 4 days but it feels like FOREVER!" She said, giving Mal a hug. "How's my favorite secret couple?" She whispered. 

"I'm good." I said, waving to Hatch, Kelley, Trinity, Andi Sullivan and Aubrey Kingsbury, who were all walking over to join us. 

"I'm so excited to be teammates and not opponents!" She said, the smile never leaving her face. 

"Me too." 

Mal and I said hi to everyone, and then we headed to the bus, leaving our suitcases with the guy who loaded everything into the bottom of the bus. 

I walked on first, followed by Mal, then Ashley, then Hatch,  Trinity, Kelley, Sonnett, Andi, and then Aubrey. 

"There they are!! The LaRue crew!" Lindsey said as we walked on, making everyone on the bus laugh. 

"More like LaPugh and the Spirits." Said Rose. 

"Something like that." I said, taking a seat in front of Lindsey, and Mal sat next to me. 

"Hi Lindsey." Mal said, turning around to wave. "Hi Rose. Please don't ever call us LaPugh." 

"I think it's funny." Lindsey said. 

"Me too." I said. 

"So you've heard the rumors." Sighed Mal. 

"What rumors?" Rose asked. 

"LaPugh?" 

"No! I made that up!" 

"Oh. Oops." Mal faced forward, and mouthed a curse word. 

"What is it?" Asked Rose. 

"Don't worry about it." Mal said, not even turning around. 

Ashley Sanchez and Trinity Rodman sat across the row from us, and Kelley and Sonnett sat in front of us. Sophia got on the bus about 2 minutes before we were scheduled to leave, and she was way at the front, away from all of us. 

"Morgana, where's Alyssa?" Lindsey asked. 

"I don't really know. Something about the flight being full or something." I replied. 

"Oh. That's weird." 

"Yeah I don't realy know to be honest." 

About 5 minutes into the ride, I got bored, so I decided to torture Kelley. 

I poked her with different things from my carry-on, and then I hit her on the head with my charger by putting it over the seat. 

Mal sat there, trying not to make noise with her laughing. Ashley was taking a video, and it was hilarious for some reason. 

"What is this?" Kelley asked after a few seconds, then she grabbed my charger and pulled it out of my hands. 

At this point, Mal, Trinity, and Ashley had burst out laughing, and Kelley had realized that I was the one touching her with stuff. 

She didn't give my charger back, and it was the only one I had, so I had to get it back. 

I started poking the top of her head, trying to get her attention. She just kept hitting my hand away, so when she turned around to tell me to stop ruining her hair, I saw she had headphones in. I gave her about a minute before I stood up, yanked her headphones out and asef ro my charger back. 

"No you can't because you'll keep hitting me with it." She laughed. 

"I won't. I promise." 

"I don't believe you, so no." 

"I'm going to keep doing this then." I said, and poked her in the head a million times. 

"Does your arm not get tired?" Mal asked me. 

"Nope." I said. "It never will." 

"Here." Kelley handed the charger back, and I rippled it out of her hands. 

"Thanks Kel!" 

"I can't believe I defended you in court." 

"Because I'm your friend! And also you had to. And also I would have killed you if you didn't." 

"Sonnett, how is this annoying kid Morgana LaRue, the world's next best soccer player?" She asked. 

"Because she's a lot more than just an annoying kid that hits people with chargers." Mal said. 

"Yeah, she doesn't bring chargers on the field." Sonnett said. 

I looked over at Ashley, who had apparently gotten it all on video, and Trinity was just laughing. 

"I'm more than just annoying!" I said. 

"Yeah. You're a child." Ashley said. 

"Says you who wascoloring princesses with my 4 year old niece." 

"I thought it was cute." Mal said. 

"It was!" 

"Ok then there was no hate behind that comment?" Asked Ashley. 

"Nope." 

"Okay good because princess movies are the best."