Chapter 30

Morgana's POV

I ended up seeing the field, which I didn't think was going to happen tonight considering how I was feeling less than 10 minutes ago. 

But I started as I was set to, and as soon as the whistle blew, I loosened up and just played. 

Mal gave me an assist in 15 seconds, which made that the fastest goal in USWNT history. 

I wasn't expecting that right now, but I was insanely happy. 

I gave an assist to Trinity in the 16th minute, and then she assisted me back in the 37th. Then in the second half, Mal assisted me 3 times, in the 49th, 56th, and the 70th. 

I saw a sub getting ready to come on for me, as I had 5 goals and an assist already. I have literally no idea what hit me, I just couldn't stop. 

I probably should, right? I should just kick the ball out of bounds 'by accident' so my sub can come in, right?

But I have to go for the record. We were up 7-2 on Jamaica, and we just needed to play defensively now. We don't need more goals. 

Well I decided we did, I had to go for 6. I decided that when I had the ball, and I took on the defender 1v1, and then another one tried to double team me. 

I megged the first one, and then cut inside of the other one, ripped a right footed shot, and it went in. 

At this point, light work. 

2 records broken tonight. 

I wasn't really celebrating my goals anymore, but this one everyone did. 

"You're insanity." Said Trinity. 

"She helped me out a ton." I smiled. 

"Mal?" 

"Yep." 

Not the answer I was looking for, but it still works. 

I was looking for Lena. 

I'll be looking for her for the rest of my life, in everything I do, in everything I love. Just a little bit of her. Because she'll never go away. 

Then my sub came in, and I was tearing up as I walked to the bench. 

Mal stood up to give me a happy hug, and she whispered 'you've never been hotter in your life.' I laughed and sat down. 

Hopefully tonight will be a good night. 

----------

I got interviewed after the game, got water dumped on me by Ashley and Mal, and all that stuff. I also did autographs for a while, and all the little girls went crazy when they talked to me. 

I just imagine every little girl in the stands as me, and how much it would mean to me if the players took time out of their day to talk to me and meet me. 

There's not a ton of fans here because it's in Mexico, but I think I made it all the way around the stadium in a little over an hour. 

Then I found my parents and sister, and Hayley was already on the field playing with Charlie. 

"So someone broke 2 records tonight." Chloe said, leaning over to give me a hug. "And there was another one broken tonight too." 

"The assist record?" I asked. 

"Yes. Mal's 5 assists. Morgana, you got yourself a great teammate." She winked at me. 

My parents both laughed, and I had no idea why. 

Mal ran up behind me, and jumped on my back. 

We were all laughing, and I just realized Chloe had taken a video. 

"There's my favorite teammate." Said Mal happiily. 

"And there's mine. Dude, you have a record tonight too you know." 

"Do I?" She laughed. "Your family only told me a million times already." 

"Sorry." 

"All good." 

We talked to my family for a little while, took a picture with them, brought Hayley back to her mom, and then we headed back to the hotel.