Chapter 5

Natalie's P.O.V

"I've sent him seven texts already, why isn't he picking up?" Panic consumes me as I pace up and down the room waiting for Percy to answer my texts.

"He might have fallen asleep or his phone died." Grayson sits on the bed watching me with every step I take.

"You're probably right."

"He came in here last night looking for you."

"Really?" I walk over to the bed.

"Well... he came in here last night. He saw you and asked if I was fine and then he left. That's all."

I walk out of the room, going in search of him through the hospital and find him fast asleep on a chair. I walk over to him, poking him until his eyes fly open.

"Good morning?" I grin.

"Morning?" He looks disorientated, his eyes red.

"I have a feeling you don't really like Grayson. Which isn't fair because you don't know him."

"Nat, I'm just trying to look out for you." He says as a yawn escapes him.

"I'm fine Percy."

"You're my best friend and I just want what's best for you."

He's frustrated. I can see it. His face is red and I can hear every single breathe he lets out

"Well Percy this isn't your life and I trust him so stop stressing so much."

I turn and walk away.

***

I can't believe he's acting like this. "I get it. He's just looking out for you." Grayson asks as we walk down the hall to finally leave.

I look at him in disbelief. "He's interfering out of fear." Grayson chuckles "Yeah okay."

I know what I'm talking about. He's just being more protective than usual, right? I mean I've known him long enough to be sure of this.

We reach the car and Percy is already waiting. "Hey,"

"Hey." He replies curtly

"Are you ready to go?" He doesn't reply. He just starts the car.

The car ride takes forever. The silence is killing me. I turn on the radio to drown out the awkward tension between everyone. I hummed along to the melody and before I know it I was singing along. Grayson was singing too, but it was almost whispered.

***

I watch as the coastline finally comes into view. Waves instantly crash against the sand. People are piled on the beach and kids are running around. As we turn the corner the view of the beach is still visible from the rearview mirror. A tall building fills the view of my side of the car and I instantly know it's our hotel. We enter the building and Grayson takes a seat on one of the sofas littering the lobby. "Are you going to be okay down here?" I question. He smiles at me "Yes, don't worry about me. I'll see you later." I return the smile and make my way over to Percy who is standing at the front desk.

Percy takes the key and turns walking into the elevator as I follow behind. The elevator dings open and we make our way to our room. As I enter I throw my bags onto the bed closest to the window and look out at the beach and spot Matthew and the rest playing volleyball.

"I'll see you around," Percy says and before I could reply he was out the door.

I put on my bikini and a dress going down to join the others.

"Hey Natalie, how's Grayson doing?"

"He's okay, just got a bruised wrist and had a minor concussion, but other than that he's fine."