Chapter 19

I wake with the sun blazing through the window onto my face. Isabella is still fast asleep. I get up, stretching as I pass the window. I watch the ocean as it crashes against the shore and pulls back again. Observing the people running around, playing volleyball and surfing and I can't help but smile at it all.

My wish list is far from being completed and I don't know if I'm ready to go home yet. These past few weeks have been the best time of my life. Even though we've had a few problems along the way I can't bring myself to leave. I walk over to the kitchen and put on the kettle to make coffee. I hear Isabella let out a groan. "Well good morning to you too," I say. She lets out a yawn "What time is it?" She asks grabbing her phone "It's only nine." She throws her phone down beside her and lets her head hit the pillow again. "I grab two cups out of the cupboard "Would you like some coffee?" I ask. "Yes, please. Two sugars and milk." I make our coffee and take a seat on the bed next to her. I look towards the window "What do you have planned for today?" Isabella asks. I turn towards her "I honestly have no idea. I'll probably just go to the beach, what about you?" She takes a sip of her coffee before answering "I have nothing to do either. Do you mind if I join you?" I give her a bright smile "Of course not."

We get ready and grab some food to take with us to the beach. I close the door and we make our way towards the elevator "I can't believe you almost have to leave. It sucks."

"I know, but I'll see you at my birthday party so it's not that bad." The elevator stops and we walk out. I grab my phone out of my pocket sending Percy a message.

Me: Hey we're going down to the beach if you want to meet us there.

Percy: Already here. See you soon.

Isabella grabs her phone from her pocket "I'm going to tell Grayson to meet us there."

We get to the beach and I instantly take off my sandals letting my feet dig into the golden sand. Seashells are everywhere and the beach is quieter on this side. We pick a spot and lay down our towels. Isabella throws down her bag and takes a seat next to it. Percy is walking towards us.

A few minutes later we see Grayson approaching with a large umbrella and surfboard. He plants the board into the sand and sets up the umbrella behind the towels for some shade. "Grayson I'm glad to see your arm is feeling better. Are you going surfing?" He plants a kiss on Isabella's cheek "It's been fine for a while I was just pretty sceptical of how it would go with surfing."

"Oh okay, that makes sense," I reply. "Do you guys surf?" Isabella asks. "Percy has, but I have no idea how to?"

"It is on her bucket list to learn how to surf though." Percy comments. "Well, then there is only one solution. Percy, you should teach her." She watches us both. "We don't have boards, Isabella." I let out a nervous laugh. "Well, you can borrow some for the day at that place on the boardwalk." Grayson points over to the small shop right in front of the boardwalk. Percy looks at me "So, do you want to cross another thing off your bucket list?" I smile at him "Hell yes!"

We both get up and walk straight over to the shop. I walk in watching all the different coloured boards in the shop. "Which one should I take?" Percy walks over to a pile of boards, he grabs the top one, and it's about half my size "This is the easiest to start with." He takes it to the counter "Which one are you taking?" I ask him. "None. Today is about your bucket list so I won't be taking one." I give him a shy smile "Thank you." The guy at the cash register gives us the board and tells us we can just bring it back whenever we're done.

Percy walks in front of me, the board pressed under his arm. "Are you ready to do this?" He asks. I speed up my walk to catch up to him "Is no the correct answer because... no." he lets out a chuckle "Well it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I don't doubt you for a second." I look at the waves crashing down on the people that are already in the ocean "Well that makes one of us."