Chapter 7

Natalie's P.O.V

I get out of the bathroom and see Percy sitting on his bed watching his phone carelessly.

"Do you maybe want to go grab breakfast?" I ask him walking up to his bed.

"Sure, can I choose?" He stands up.

"Yeah, where?" I ask curiously.

***

We walk on the boardwalk coming to a stop in front of a café. Walking in the smell of coffee and bacon fills my senses. A cute place with a seventies theme I didn't know even existed. We take a seat at the window.

A tanned girl with golden hair approaches us.

"Hi, I'm Isabella and I'll be your waitress. What would you like to order?"

I look at the menu.

"Hey, Isabella." I hear Percy say. I look up to see them exchange shy smiles. "You guys know each other?" My brow shoots up in curiosity.

"We met yesterday," Percy replies. I give him a nod and a smile.

"I'll just have an everyday breakfast and black coffee." He gives her the menu and she turns to me. "Same, please." She takes my menu and leaves.

I look back to Percy "So..."

"So... what?" He looks at me puzzled. I roll my eyes at his oblivious state. "How did you meet?"

"I just came in here yesterday. She gave me a coffee with her number and offered to show me around after her shift."

"She seems nice," I smile at him. "Speaking of yesterday... What made you upset?" I ask him curiously.

She places our coffees on the table, letting us know our food is on its way.

He rubs the back of his neck, a nervous habit he's had since I've known him. "I just didn't feel okay..." I give him a tight smile. I know I won't get more out of him so I drop it. "Grayson said they're going hiking tomorrow if we want to join them."

"I don't know Nat..." My eyes turn to Isabella.

Isabella comes with our food. "Isabella could come with us too."

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Isabella, we're going hiking tomorrow and Percy doesn't want to go, would you maybe want to?"

She lets out a laugh and looks at Percy "Sure."

"Great then it's settled we're all going." She walks away to a nearby table.

"I think she's a keeper."

"Really?" He asks me sarcastically. I take a sip of my coffee "Duh, that's why I said it."

I take out my phone to tell Grayson the plan.

Natalie: Okay well go hiking tomorrow, but we're bringing someone with us. Is that okay?"

I set my phone down on the table not expecting a reply soon. My phone vibrates not even 5 minutes after.

Grayson: That's fine. We might camp out so just bring a sleeping bag.

Natalie: Will do :)

I put the phone down and look back at Percy. He doesn't look like himself and he hasn't for a while. Today was the first day in forever since I'd seen him happy. I just hope for her sake she won't hurt him.

***

We finish up and I tell Isabella what to bring. Walking out of the café we decide to go down to the beach.

"You like her don't you?"

"We just met yesterday, Natalie. Just give me some time before you start insinuating." He laughs.

"But you like her right?" My face is serious. He looks at me, his face full of confusion.

"You haven't been happy in so long and today I saw it in your smile. You like her."

A frown covers his face as he looks down at his hands which are playing with the sand. "We'll see how it goes."