Chapter 28

Natalie P.O.V:

"Sweetie, are you okay?" My mom asks. I turn away from the window to see her head peeking through the door. I look down at the sunflower on my wrist. Rubbing over the tattoo that's starting to fade. "No, but maybe tomorrow." I give her a small smile, feeling how the tears are building up in my eyes. I feel my breathing get faster as my heart speeds up. Feeling like I'm hyperventilating. My mom rushes toward me and as she wraps her arms around me it feels like I'm just breaking even more. "Why didn't you guys tell me?" I sob. "We didn't want to ruin your little vacation." She answers sympathetically. "If I knew about it sooner I would have told him how I felt. Now... now it doesn't even matter." I can't stop the tears, they just keep coming out. "Mom it hurts. It's not stopping." I feel her hug me tighter "I know honey, I know. Just let it out. It's okay."

"I haven't talked to him since the fight." I sigh. My mom lets go of me. She rubs my arms. "Maybe you should talk to him. His parents aren't home. He's there alone." I nod as my mom stands up. "Take your time and talk to him when you're ready okay? There's absolutely no rush." She gives me a smile before slowly walking out the door and closing it.

What the hell am I going to do? I don't want to lose him, but what if I already have? I should've been supportive and instead, I pushed him away. I pushed away from the only person I've ever cared for just because of something he had no control over a situation. I'm the world's worst friend and the biggest coward.

I walk over to the bed, bouncing as I fall into the blanket. My phone is still laying in the same spot. On top of the comic book on my bedside table. I still have a small bag that I still haven't unpacked and decided to open to get my mind off of everything. Maybe cleaning will help clear my mind so that I can figure out what I want to do.

I open the bag and see the copy of the great Gatsby sitting right at the top. I grab it out of the bag, and I rub the cover, holding it against my chest. I take in a deep breath before placing it into my bookcase. I turn back to the bag take out the last few clothes and take a seat on the floor. I notice a white shirt that doesn't look like any of mine. I shake it to reveal its full size only to realise that I must have accidentally packed it in Percy's shirt. It must have been one of the shirts in the bathroom which I had picked up. I throw it against the wall letting it fall into the corner of the room. I get up grab the rest of the clothes and shove them into the already full hamper.

I decide to grab the phone off of the table and see that I have 10 missed calls from Grayson and two texts from Percy

Percy: I know you don't want to talk to me, but I hope you know this isn't my fault and if I had a choice I would never leave.

Percy: Grayson has been looking for you he says it's urgent.

I feel my brows scrunch up in confusion. I instantly open my phone to the contacts and call Grayson. It rings three times before he finally answers "Hello?" He says surprised. "Hey sorry I didn't see your call I had my phone on silent. What's going on?" he clears his throat. "It's not that important. Isabella just told me to say it was an emergency because she knew Percy would instantly tell you." I let out a breath. "Oh okay good to know, but Percy and I aren't really on speaking terms at the moment." There's silence on the other side of the phone. I hear a muffled voice that gets clearer as it comes closer "And why the hell not!" I hear Isabella's voice as clear as daylight.

I let out a heavy sigh "Isabella I don't want to talk about it right now okay? What did you want to ask?" She scoffs "I won't accept that, you better tell me what happened right now." I drag a hand through my hair. "Percy is moving away." She stays silent. "Yeah, so even if I told him, apparently it wouldn't have mattered. So I have all these feelings with no place to go. It just hurts." I bite the inside of my lip waiting for her to say anything. "I am so sorry Natalie. I had no idea. If I did I would've helped. Or tried to change something. I wish I was there right now." I take a deep breath. "It's okay. I found out about it just as I walked into the house yesterday so I'm still processing it myself."