Chapter 22

Percy P.O.V

I wake up turning in my bed. My arms stretched over my head. I open my eyes to find Natalie asleep in the same position she fell onto the bed last night. Her hair sprawled over her face and the sunlight streamed through the window. I grab my watch from the table to see it's already 7 am. I get up, get dressed and quickly make my way out of the door.

I walk down the hall filled with people just starting their day. Maybe I should just tell her. I mean I've been thinking about it for a while and maybe it's my safest bet. I turn on my heel walking back towards the door. But what if it changes everything? What if I lose her? I shake my head in frustration. Turning just before my hand can grab the handle. I'll just pretend that never happened. Just leave it up to fate, hope or whatever. I finally stop in front of the elevator. Letting out a deep sigh as I press the button to go down.

I reach the ground floor. Not even sure why I left my room and decide to just walk in a random direction till I find whatever I'm looking for.

Before I know it I'm outside a tattoo parlour thinking about how hesitant Natalie was to get a tattoo after saying she wants one in the first place. An idea pops into my head and before I could think twice I'm entering the parlour.

***

Natalie P.O.V

I wake up. The sun shines directly into my eyes causing me to instantly close them just as fast as I opened them. I sit up straight opening my eyes again, letting them adjust to the light. I turn to see Percy's empty bed and wonder where he went. I stand up feeling dizzy, static forming in front of my eyes. Iron deficiency is no joke. Letting my mind fall back into place I make my way to the bathroom, phone in hand to get ready for the day.

I turn on the shower and slowly get in adjusting to the hot water. My muscles release tension with every drop that falls onto my back. Percy was acting very weird last night. Not like himself... That might have been why he left so early this morning. That must have been the best night of my life up until now. I wonder if I should call Isabella. I turn off the shower. Wrapping the towel around my body.

I wrap my hair in a towel and throw on a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt. Falls onto the bed, phone in hand. I search for Isabella's name and instantly open the chat.

Me: Where are you we need to talk!!!

Isabella: I'm on the beach... Catching a tan. Come over.

Me: Okay see you in a second.

***

I walk onto the beach, feeling the sand slip between my toes and sandals. I turn my head looking around for Isabella. Not long after I spot her in a lime green bikini.

I see her head turn in my direction and I wave my arms at her with a bright smile. I run towards her as she sits down and takes a seat next to her on the towel. "So what did you want to tell me?" She asks a grin plastered onto her face. "Whoa wait a minute. Before we get into that. Where the hell did you disappear to last night?" I didn't think it could be possible, but her grin gets wider. "Well things looked a little serious so I decided to leave you two love birds alone." I give her a blank expression. "So you're the reason the rest of last night happened." She shimmies her shoulders. "Ooh, that sounds promising." I shake my head. "Not exactly..." She raises an eyebrow. "What is that supposed to mean?" I look away from us making sure Percy isn't close by. "So after you left we went onto the Ferris wheel and he started asking serious questions and you know. Okay well, you don't, but Percy isn't a serious person at all so it was very weird and then we went to this little restaurant he found and we had milkshakes to the point of puking and I was teasing him and he said that he might kiss me and I have no idea what to think cause I think he regrets having said that and this morning when I woke up he was already gone and oh God I'm so confused..." I blurt out all at once.