Chapter One

Story: Moira
Chapter One: Just Harry

The slow breeze rustled his jet-black messy hair as he laid on the lush green grass of his godfather's manor.

It was the day before the term would start. It would be the final first time he would go to his school. A sigh escaped his lips. The silence around him made him ponder about the incident which took place nearly three years ago.

That incident was bittersweet for him. He had overthrown the only mentor he had had in his life besides his school teachers. He had defeated the darkest wizard known to have walked the earth.

The dark techniques and curses he learned since his childhood were trying to burst through his system. The feeling of temptation was overriding his senses and he struggled to contain them. No matter how hard he tried to meditate or calm himself down, that temptation to use Dark magic never subsided. In fact, it only increased.

His master's voice echoed soothing words to let the magic out of his system. His pseudo-brother and godfather were totally worried about him, but on the other hand, his best mate found it quite amusing. He disliked both emotions, particularly when his closest ones were the ones feeling them for him.

"Never let your emotions override you. It will allow the enemy to know you are weak. Emotions and feelings are for the weak, Harry."

The night was wearing out and Harry was locked in a fierce duel with his mentor. Although his foe assumed it to be friendly, he did not. He wanted to overthrow his opponent. He wanted to defeat him and kill him to help the world. It would be hard, very, very hard given the fact that he had been partially raised by the man he was going to kill.

When he received a letter from a Light supporter, he was shocked. According to the Britain Wizarding World's newspaper, Lord Voldemort was a widely feared Dark wizard who left the country for some reason. The Dark Lord has committed hundreds of murders and crimes, enough to be given a death sentence in a prison. Harry did not believe this information until he brought it up with his godfather, who confirmed the newspaper to be right. Voldemort had intimidated Sirius to let him mentor Harry, resulting in Harry learning several dark magic since he knew how to hold a wand.

"Is that all, Harry? I thought you knew better. Imperio!" his mentor's snake-like voice hissed, resonating in the empty hall. Harry tilted his neck and dodged the blue curse smartly. The man grinned as Harry shot a purple hex at him. A thick shield absorbed the hex and Harry was forced to cast one himself to protect himself from a new curse casted by the man.

Distracted due to the new curse, he never saw the blue unforgivable hit him. His eyes glazed over and a small voice in the back of his head commanded him to drop his wand. Harry concentrated harder and gathered all his magic to push the little voice away. When the curse was off of him, his eyes turned back to the normal dark emerald.

"That was impressive although dodging unforgivables is better than facing them," the man praised.

"Crucio!" Harry bellowed and a red beam shot out of his holly wand. His foe conjured a rock and the spell broke it into a million pieces which were impossible to mend in a lifetime.

"Using the Unforgivables, are we, Harry?" he hissed competitively.

"I'm sorry, Master, but I must do this. I am not a play toy anymore and I will not be used as one by you. I express my gratitude for training me and that's the end of it. Goodbye, Master," saying so he shot several non-verbal stunners in succession. Voldemort was caught off guard and Harry took this moment to end the fight as well as the man once and for all. "Avada Kedavra!"