Chapter Thirty Nine

Story: Moira
Chapter Thirty Nine: Seen Secrets

"See that symbol in the letter?" Harry pointed to the triangle eye. "I think it has something to do with the riddle. Perhaps it's a cryptic word because it's not a rune. Maybe if we say the word, the box will open."

Ginny squinted her eyes at it for a while. "I-I think I have seen it in The Tales of Beedle the Bard."

"The tales of who?" Harry asked.

"Beedle the Bard, of course! It is a widely known magical children's fairytales collection." Harry snorted. "Oh come on, Harry! There are so many wonderful tales in that book!"

"This symbol cannot be a children's fairytale. Dumbledore knew all too well he was sending me the letter. Why would he engrave a children's fairytale symbol on the letter then?! It doesn't look like a runic alphabet either. . ."

"From all these years I have spent with him, I can tell that he wants us to do something. Something which led him to commit a 'foolish mistake' as he said. I think this is it, Harry. We need to find out about the symbol and keep the box close," Ginny suggested. Harry nodded lightly and put all the things back to his moleskin pouch and wore it around his neck again. Silence reigned for a few minutes before Ginny broke it tentatively.

"So, what now?" Ginny asked slowly.

"What?"

"Do – do we part like. . . for forever?"

Harry sharply turned around to face her, his eyes betraying no emotions. "It is up to you," he said in a monotonous voice. Ginny looked deep into his eyes and smiled sadly.

"When will you stop showing a mask of yourself to me?"

"I believe that wasn't the topic we were discussing."

"Well," Ginny started, shifting uncomfortably on the moist grass. "I-I don't think Giselle would have walked away from her Godric even if they were meant to be separated for a year."

Harry laughed, a real laugh this time, then leaned in close enough to whisper against her lips. "If Giselle wanted Godric to be hers, she only had to ask. I'm sure the bloke, whoever he is, is not an idiot to not oblige."

His warm breath tickled her lips. Unable to do anything more, she pulled him closer by his collar and their lips met, not to be parted for a while.

_____________

"Seriously? They say you are leaving this Friday and all you do is eat!"

"Wot do ya 'xpect me to do? 'Nog you?"

She turned pink.

"Really? Then let's not experiment the dishes now."

"Hey! 'O dair! You're using my worz agai-"

"Ronald! It's disgusting! Eat before you speak!"

"I 'hought it was zhink 'efore you speak!"

Hermione rolled her eyes. She was about to retort when Neville and Luna slumped down on the seat facing them: Neville was looking nervous.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked slowly.

"Just –" Neville's voice came out in a crack and he clearly his throat. "Just looking for a place to sit without being a third wheel."

Ron burst out laughing and Hermione sweat dropped. "Draco?" she asked. Neville nodded.

"Oh well. It must be sad that you have to part, isn't it?" Luna asked Ron pointedly. Hermione turned to glare at him when he shrugged. Neville and Luna exchanged stealthy looks. "I was just wondering what would you do if Cupid caused you to part forever," Luna leaned in and emphasized the last word with a widened eye.