Chapter Nine

Story: Moira
Chapter Nine: Forming Friendships!

An owl was sent and Ginny was asked to meet up with him at the Hogwarts grounds. She sent an affirmative response, shocking Harry, who assumed her to be either mad at him or frightened of him or both. However, her acceptance tone seemed to be different.

Afraid to lose control over his magic again, Harry meditated for two hours under the shade of an oak tree on the Hogwarts grounds. Strangely enough, he had witnessed bizarre dreams of a couple when meditating under the said tree. Of the two, the boy seemed to look just like him with shaggy black hair and a rectangle framed glass. The girl had long, lightly wavy red hair and looked quite beautiful. They seemed really familiar to Harry but he could not remember who they were.

When he opened his eyes, the first thing his vision set on was a carving in the bark of the tree. The readings made it quite clear as to who he was dreaming about. 'J.P. & L.E.' were carved in delicate and neat handwriting and Harry found himself touching the words and reminiscing about non-existent memories. This was how Ginny found him.

"I see you have found a liking to this tree as well?" her cheerful voice came. Harry did not take his eyes off of the initials of his parents.

"Hey."

"Hi, Harry."

"What is so special about this tree?" Harry asked in a low tone.

"Well, for one, you seem calm under it. For two, it's an oak tree on the Hogwarts grounds."

"Are you always like this?" Harry asked out of curiosity, finally turning around to face her. She was wearing some casual clothes – a skirt and a button-up shirt. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

She smiled. "Depends really. If it is someone I like, then I'm quite interesting. I'm rather fierce otherwise," she said, feigning thoughtfulness. Harry raised his eyebrows then took a deep breath.

"Miss Weasley –"

"Oh please! Call me Ginny. It makes me feel we are total strangers!"

"Well, aren't we?" Harry asked. Ginny made a face then looked at him. He turned away lightly. "Ahem. I mean. . . Iamsorry," Harry blurted out at a really hasty pace. He doubted she understood him.

"Come on man. Seriously? Is that how you apologize?" Ginny asked, smirking.

"You got it, didn't you?"

"I didn't," she lied, closing her eyes and turning away. Harry looked at her for a moment in awe. He had never really noticed it before, but she was beautiful. Her smile was completely filled with mischief and the shade of her hair was attractive.

"I'm. . ." Harry started, then shook himself. "I'm sorry, er – I mean, Ginny, I shouldn't have lost control over my magic and attempted cruciatus on you. I shouldn't have turned my back on you when you apologized."

"I forgave you long before, Harry. Master always told me that forgivance increases love. You aren't the only one who made a mistake. I did too. I angered you. I hurt your hand. I –"

Harry put a finger on her lips to stop her. "You only tried to help me." Ginny turned pink for some reason. Sensing her discomfort, Harry backed away a bit and leant on the oak tree. "Ginny. I-I want. . . I need your help."

Ginny looked curious. "Go on."

"I. . .I don't want to fight you anymore."

"Are you suggesting that we forget our friendship?" Ginny asked slowly. Harry shook his head.

"I want to strengthen our friendship. I see that we have faced something which nobody else has. I-I think it would be better if we became friends."

Ginny looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding. She smiled and held out her hand for him to shake. He looked at her hand before taking it in his and giving it a firm shake. She smiled again.