Chapter Forty Four

Story: Moira
Chapter Forty Four: The Controversial Bird

The morning found three of the several inhabitants of The Burrow sleepy. The breakfast table was put outside in the lawn and Charlie almost dropped it on the way while levitating it. Thanks to Percy, they managed to move it safely.

"Are you OK?" Bill asked a yawning Charlie. Charlie nodded lightly as Mrs Weasley served him a plate of toast.

The sun was up and birds were crooning softly, making the ambience pleasant. Draco's loud yawn interrupted the peaceful atmosphere.

"Didn't you sleep well, dear?" Mrs Weasley asked the blonde boy.

"Yeah, thanks to a red and black bird," Charlie replied.

"The same for me and Astoria," Draco added. Mrs Weasley looked confused as to why a red and black bird would disturb three people at night.

"Was it an owl?" Fred started.

"Or a raven?" George continued.

"Raven!" Draco sneered. Harry snorted into his cup of pumpkin juice.

"How could a raven be red and black?" Percy asked in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Perhaps we should check around the orchard and the garden, Arthur? I don't think it is any ordinary raven. What if Bellatrix has sent someone to spy on us?" Mrs Weasley worried.

"I think you heard me wrong," Charlie cut in. "I told a red and a black bird which means two birds. D'you get me?"

"I think I heard you say red and black bird!" Ron piped in from the other end of the table.

"I think you all seriously misunderstood the repetition of articles," Hermione chided as Astoria nodded.

The whole table excluding a select few started to protest but Neville cut in.

"I think we must have our breakfast in peace," he suggested with a frown. Everyone fell silent. "Gosh. Why is it that wherever I go, chaos follows me? I don't think I have had a peaceful breakfast in a year!" A laugh broke out and soon enough, everyone but the five sleepless, midnight owls of the past night forgot everything about the mysterious bird.

___________________

Minutes after breakfast, Harry and Ginny were in the latter's room, discussing about the late night Hogwarts visit.

"We found nothing. It was not worth the risk," Harry groaned. Ginny looked up at him from the pile of books obscuring her vision.

"I think you forgot something that Master told," she said. Harry raised his eyebrow. "There is a possibility that the vault of Lord and Lady Gryffindor has some clue. He did tell us to visit the vault if we don't find anything in the book."

"Right. But we already did visit the vault and I never saw any triangle eye!" Harry interjected.

"That's because we were in a hurry! We didn't see the right or the left room well!" Ginny argued and shut the book she was reading. "We are going there –"

"Not tonight, right? Because I'm sure your brother, Draco and Astoria will kill us if we interrupt their dream sleep again," Harry snorted. He and Ginny were used to staying up late due to their previous trainings.

"What about tomorrow?"

"Not possible. We are leaving tomorrow, remember? Sirius insists on a party for an easily forgettable birthday," Harry replied.

"Whose birthday?" Ginny asked, eagerness in eating a cake evident in her voice.

"Some git bloke's," Harry retorted lowly.