Chapter Forty Two

Story: Moira
Chapter Forty Two: Watching the Suspicious

When Molly entered the kitchen, her twins talked in unison.

"Mum! Y'know something about them, don't you?"

Molly was not startled. Her twins always talked in unison, especially if they were nervous.

"Them? Them, who?" She pretended as if she didn't know.

"Harry and our sister of course!" George hissed, looking at the door and to see if any non-Weasleys were hearing. Percy looked up sharply and Charlie spat out his tea. However, Bill had an amused expression.

"Oh. . . Look George – or Fred–" she ammended herself.

"We are serious mum! Spit it out!" Fred urged. For once, Molly was surprised by the twins; they were never serious.

"What I mean is. . . Harry is a good lad–"

"Who fires unforgivables at every word a Death Eater utters? What if he does the same thing to his friends and our Ginny?" Percy asked stiffly. Charlie nodded reluctantly.

"He seems more like a double agent to me," the dragon tamer added.

"We don't know what past he went through," Bill put in. "but he was ready to give up his mask of double agency when Ginny was – t-tortured by Bellatrix." They shuddered at the memory.

"How do you know if he meant it? What if he was only doing it so that Bellatrix won't get her head cut off by Voldemort?" Percy asked with a smug expression.

"I am a curse breaker, Perce. When I can see what runes feel, how can I not see how humans feel?" Bill asked in a matter-of-fact tone. Charlie shrugged.

"Whatever you say, I still will keep an eye on him."

"Although I would restrict you," Molly started. "I think we should keep an eye on what they are doing. Albus just wouldn't have left her without giving some or the other training task. I see a lot of books lying in her place and I'm sure they aren't Hermione's."

"That prophecy –" It was the first time Arthur spoke, acknowledging his presence.

"Is the reason, yes," Bill completed somberly. The rest of the breakfast was dull.

_____________

"So you mean the objects in the fairytale is the ones we must destroy?"

It was really sunny outside and hence, the pair of discussing teens were perspiring even under the shade of a tree.

"Yes."

"Seriously?"

"I am not Sirius but yes. That's what I think."

"Where am I supposed to find a rock which can bring back the d-dead?"

Ginny shrugged helplessly and Harry sighed. This mystery was proving to be harder than the Horcruxes.

"What if Master left the rock and his wand to us in that box?" Ginny suggested. Harry nodded unsure about the answer. "Harry, we must find the word to open the damned box! It will lead us to more clues or perhaps, the answer itself! Hand me the box!"

Harry took out the box from the moleskin pouch around his neck and handed it to her. She read and re-read the article several times before talking.

"Death."

Harry scratched his head; the box did not open. Ginny snorted.

"How about the wand of Elder? Deathstick? Wand of Destiny? Resurrection Stone? Invisibility Cloak? Oh, come on seriously!" Ginny shouted at the still box. Harry laughed out loud at her antics. She glared at him. "If it's that funny, Mister, you could do it yourself! I'm only doing this because I am supposedly supposed to help you. I'd rather get to know my family better than sit with a madman with a ruddy box!" She turned away from Harry and the box and with crossed limbs, looked at the orchard beyond. It was Harry's turn to sigh.